Royal William Euromodel 1:72 by Denis R

Hi all

Sorry I tend to junp about.
I tend to do things out of order just to break things up and have a change from planking.
I am sure I am not the only one that deoes this ha ha.

Anyway the kit has britannia cast windows, I have to say that a kit of this quality the britannia cast has let it down.

That said you have to make the best with what you have got.

The window glass part as you can see is metal, I did not like this so I had a go at drilling and filing them out.
This was hard to do, 1) as they are so small, 2) the metal is soft.
They are not finished at this stage.

RW PARTS 16_0003.jpg
Windows above.

RW PARTS 16_0003.jpgRW PARTS 18_0002.jpgRW PARTS 18_0005.jpgRW PARTS 18_0010.jpg

Row of windows and doors.

Denis.

Hi denis

Big improvement the open windows and a hudge undertaking to open up every single window frame.
Why not grind away material from the rear until reaching the window frames?

Hi Maarten

I you will not see the glazing bars on the windows or doors they are about 1.25mm wide.
May have been better if I had cut them all out and put some wooden glazing bars in.

Denis

Hi

Just found this photo, I said the glazing bars are 1.25mm.
Well they are about 1/2mm.RW PARTS 22_0003.jpg

Denis.

Going well. You need to have lot of patience with these doors and windows. Nice log. I have the wilhelm zu pferde from euromodels gonna start soon again to build bit further.

Going well. You need to have lot of patience with these doors and windows. Nice log. I have the wilhelm zu pferde from euromodels gonna start soon again to build bit further.

Hi Pat
Yes that is a nice ship, wish I had time to build that one.
When are you going to start her any idea.

Denis

Started half year ago. Is log here on sos. When i start again i will start with sanding the whole hull and see if i gonna do another second planking.

Hi all

Before I start with a very small update I would lke to say that I would like to thank the forum members for all the tips and help they give me and other members, this is what makes this forum the best to be a member of.

With that said just a small update, the Kit's deck planking is walnut, I was going to replace it with a lighter wood, but Vince said just bleach the walnut that will make it lighter.
So this is what I did, I think it looks better, looks like it has been scrubbed for some years.

RW DECK PLANKS.JPG

Denis.

Last edited:
Hi all

The main deck has been planked, 2 coats of sealer and 3 coats of satin varnish.
Gratings fitted, but I wish I had cut the ends off the ends and sides of the gratings now to make them flush with the frame.

MAIN DECK 1.JPGMAIN DECK 2.JPGMAIN DECK 3.JPG

Denis.

Very nice building progress. What method did you use to imitate caulking? If you don't mind, the deck looks a bit glossy. Perhaps, it may light blicks fro a camera. :cool:

Back