Run milling machine smoother

Hi . Does anyone knows how to Let my millingmachine run the platform smoother from left to right and back. Have a lot of pain by turning the wheel due to weak bones and reumatism. Also maybe a little electrical engine.

May be you could try and turn it upside down and spray or oil the screw threads.
Then just turn it in and out till it gets loose.

Denis

Sounds like you need to lube the lead screws and Gibs or adjust your Gibs Brother over time Gibs usually wear and require an adjustment this wear will usually make the table loose, however sometimes the Gib screws lock nut will work loose as a result of the wear and they self tighten and can bind your table. If you need to know what the Gibs are I can point you to those on a drawing of the mill if you give me the model number so I can look it up. Usually the issue is due to lead screws getting cruddy over time so I suspect your issue is there and that's the best place to start.

Itnx for the answers. Its brand new. Used it 30 times i think. Going to try to lubricate it . Its the most easy way to begin ik think.

As Joe pointed out the gibs have to be adjusted. I've got a PROXXON mill and the gibs there have 3 adjusting screws each, with locknuts. The best way to do it is un-tightening the locknuts a bit (all on the same gib) and trying to achieve a looser position for the table by tightening-untightening the setting screws. Then run the table all the way around in both directions and try the play of the table in different positions. It must not be too loose either. When happy with the setup, tighten the locknuts carefully and then try running the table again. It is a matter of trial and error and needs patience.
Janos

Tnx all gonna look where they are and untight them a bit. Gonna take pictures first so i know when i mess up how it was before. Used him 3 days ago trying to make some corner profiles and still cant move head or Arms without pain. So frusterating that even the smallest things can hurt so much. Sometimes think about quiting but i love it so much.

Ik pray 5 times a day and have faith. The days become better slowly step by step. Went outside yesterday in daytime was first time in 4 months. Not long only 20 minutes but its a beginning. After 2300 hours i go outside every night. So also a step. Slowly progress but going forward. .

Hi Pat
Don't give in my friend, step by step is the way to go.

I moved into my new house 2 years ago, all I have seen of the town is a trip to the doctors, all of 2 min's there and back, and a bus that picks me up at my door then to the hospital in Hamilton and back.

Denis.

What does your wife do at daytime? Is she always with you or can she go out on her self? My wife is afraid to go out allone so she is also stuck at home and that gives a lot of tension.

Back