s.s. jeremiah o brien vs s.s. john w brown (1/350 - Trumpeter)

dear all
good day

i am new to this hobby. i have made one typhoon and the kursk 1/350 submarines.

now, i want to make two liberty vessels (the civilian cargo vessels version). one for my father cause was one of his vessels employed as engineer and one for my boss which was his first owned vessel as shipowner.

i am trying to find the differences of these two vessels. in your opinion which kit is the best detailed. it goes without saying that i want the best kit to be prepared for my father.

your opinion would be of great assistance.

best regards
vasileios
(apologies for my english level)

Attachments

• s.s. jeremiah o brien.jpg
    s.s. jeremiah o brien.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 7
  • s.s. john w brown.jpg
    s.s. john w brown.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 7
dear all
good day

now, i want to make two liberty vessels (the civilian cargo vessels version). one for my father cause was one of his vessels employed as engineer and one for my boss which was his first owned vessel as shipowner.

i am trying to find the differences of these two vessels. in your opinion which kit is the best detailed. it goes without saying that i want the best kit to be prepared for my father.

best regards
vasileios
Hallo,
first of all a warm welcome here on board of our forum.

I guess, that both kits, which are in the same scale and from the same manufacturer TRUMPETER, are from a similar quality.
At the end, if you want to superdetail the model(s), it will be more important, that photo ecthes superdetailing kits are available and that you use them.

1857_53017_09.jpg

Here it is written in the review of the John W. Brown:
A follow up release to the Jeremiah O'Brien Liberty ship is this version representing the John W. Brown. This is basically the same kit with the exception of Sprue C which has had an a couple of extra guns added and the addition of sprue E. The instrutions and art work are also changed.
Rather than include duplicate photos of the same parts, I have used many images from the Jeremiah O'Brien kit in the review below.

AT the end there is not really a difference in the two kits ....

I will look forward to seeing these built. I have always wanted to build Jeremiah O' Brien myself.

dear all
good day

best regards
vasileios
Hallo @billakos1601
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back