San Felipe 1:75 Panart

This is my first build log. All what was insert represents very long histoy, which start in May 2008, when I recieved kit from England. The result which yuou will see, doesn't represet exactlyi the sam, how was kit prepare.
This is first phase from 2008. First phase, first changes and first problem which changes generate ( no enought of material (walnut strips)).Modely-20081114-229.jpgModely-20091026-233.jpgModely-20091026-234.jpgModely-20091202-240.jpgModely-20091207-245.jpgS.Felipe-20101128-3.jpgSan Felipe-20111117-14.jpgSan Felipe-20111117-18.jpg

Last edited:
Very accurate work - really good - many thanks for sharing with us
I am looking forward following your progress in future

This is such a better looking kit than the YuanQing kit, all the railings, balustrades, decorations, castings, armament, porthole trim, gunport lids and hinges etc, etc. just have more detail and are scaled better - the other kit looks so clunky and coarse even the curved staircases, belfry, heck even the roundhouses look so much better. Sure you can upgrade everything and maybe even work on the plastic decorations to try and get them looking better but this one is there right out of the box. I had heard that the YQ was getting some upgrades a while back I wonder if they are addressing those issues? Heinrich - do you know anything about that yet? :)

Forgot to say you are doing a great job Jaroslav, very precise work, I like it!

I have enjoyed looking at your pictures. They have well captured your skill. Following your build.

Beautiful craftsmanship. I've built that kit and am very impressed by the additional details you've added (e.g, the boats, stern windows). Looks really good!

This is such a better looking kit than the YuanQing kit, all the railings, balustrades, decorations, castings, armament, porthole trim, gunport lids and hinges etc, etc. just have more detail and are scaled better - the other kit looks so clunky and coarse even the curved staircases, belfry, heck even the roundhouses look so much better. Sure you can upgrade everything and maybe even work on the plastic decorations to try and get them looking better but this one is there right out of the box. I had heard that the YQ was getting some upgrades a while back I wonder if they are addressing those issues? Heinrich - do you know anything about that yet? :)
Hi Lou. If you remember correctly, I made it very clear that I am not involved with the San Felipe kit in any way. My connection to YQ is limited to Bluenose only. They did mention the upgrades to me matter of factly, but seeing that I am not going to market this kit, nor get involved in the selling of it, I did not follow up on that. I will only act as go-between for Bluenose and the Luhaiqingkong 1:30 Royal Caroline (an then only the top-of-the line boxwood derivative).

Back