Santa Maria - Mantua - scale 1:50 modified kit semi scratch and diorama

G'day Zoly, as you can see from the likes, I have just been right through your log again and all i can say is Wow, what an a amazing build, I thought the pics of the full size replica were great, then I really got into your log, and the workmanship on your kit, or should I say nearly scratch build is fabulous, you have really been innovative with some of your solutions, I'm glad your leaving it as natural wood, she really great, and I like your idea about the diorama, look forward to the rest of your build,

best regards John.

WOW Zoly what can I say my friend but just fantastic .

Are you putting the work shop at the bow or at the side of the ship.
I wish I had thought of a work shop, well done and thought out 10/10.

John.

Hello John ,thank you very much for the kind words,I am still planning where should place things on this diorama,browsing the net and just getting more and more ideas.

G'day Zoly, as you can see from the likes, I have just been right through your log again and all i can say is Wow, what an a amazing build, I thought the pics of the full size replica were great, then I really got into your log, and the workmanship on your kit, or should I say nearly scratch build is fabulous, you have really been innovative with some of your solutions, I'm glad your leaving it as natural wood, she really great, and I like your idea about the diorama, look forward to the rest of your build,

best regards John.

Thank you John that you spent the time to go through the whole build log and all those likes and your kind words ,I couldn’t keep up with the notifications.I had to scratch build because the quality of the kit is below ground zero.:rolleyes::)

Zoltan

Very good idea with the workshop, so it makes absolutely sense to look around and find ideas.
It will be a very good improofment in your diorama.....did you see the diorama of the statenjacht Pegasus?

Very good idea with the workshop, so it makes absolutely sense to look around and find ideas.
It will be a very good improofment in your diorama.....did you see the diorama of the statenjacht Pegasus?

Hello Uwe,I am using the Pegasus diorama as an original inspiration,I have posted images of them earlier in the build log .

best regards John.

I havta second John's sentiments completely Zoltan. Well done mate!
Tell us the truth, Zolly, the reason why you are building a diorama is because you don't want to do the rigging. Am I correct? LOL. :p
Just kidding mate.
Havagooday
Greg

G'day Zoly
I've been looking back on few of your last photos.
Your idea of using milk crates to hold your timber is BRILLIANT mate.
Thanks for the tip!
Havagooday
Greg

I havta second John's sentiments completely Zoltan. Well done mate!
Tell us the truth, Zolly, the reason why you are building a diorama is because you don't want to do the rigging. Am I correct? LOL. :p
Just kidding mate.
Havagooday
Greg

Hello Greg ,thanks for your nice comment.About the rigging,you are right and not at same time,I just dont want to spend more time on this kit anymore,replaced and scratch built everything to fix all the bad quality parts ,just got tired of it,I want to move on and the diorama just gave me new motivation.

Back