Santisima Trinidad 1:90 Occre

Well after a major screw-up, where my first day's built was destroyed by my grandsons :-(. Lesson learned, don't leave kids alone even for one minute in your work area lol. Kids will be kids.

All praise to Occre they came over with the replacement parts, very quickly and at no cost...now that impresses me no end.

So This is the status after one and a wee bit days.
I'll post more as she progresses :)

20201015_110726.jpg20201015_110733.jpg

It was definitely better, that this happened just at the beginning - imagine the same situation after several 100 hours of work. :eek:
I will follow with big interest

You will have a lots of fun build your ST it is a nice and long project and a huge piece when finish it is an old kit from OcCre that did not receive improvement over the Y.
But I did not have major problem with mine so enjoy every second on it.
Last but important thing to always remember any model do have 3 nasty enemy
1: kid with 10 finger eyes (that one you have learn:()
2: Our pets that we love so much (My cat jump on a shelve one time to catch a fly 4 plastic model ruin:rolleyes:) (a friend got his parrot land in the rigging of his ship so….o_O)
3: that one I hate the most the accursed DUST that sloly without attracting attention ruin the beauty of a model sloly.:mad:

for dust Plastic casing NOW
And I said now all my models are in casing
Those cost me about 160eu each they are huge 1.5m in length x 35mm x 45mm
IMG_1839.JPG
That one cost me 17eu only
6.JPG

My son paid 85eu for his S.T. so it is a good investisment to protect your work from those 3 enemies

Yes I KNOW our minister of environment do have strange limit for decoration
Let’s just said that they do not see thing as we poor modeller :D:D:D:D:D

While a hundred of us remain alive, we will not submit in the slightest measure, to the domination of the English. We do not fight for honour, riches, or glory, but solely for freedom which no true man gives up but with his life.

@IanG Ian, I have to ask. A signature like that and a Union Jack somehow seem anomalous! :D

For dust, when I'm not working on the w.i.p model I always cover up most of the work bench area with a piece of light plastic packaging that came with something I ordered a while back.

20201022_083648.jpg

Here the link to my build of the ST it might help you to avoid some problem.
View attachment 186994Do not take it as a must. It is yours ship and as to be yours build so take it just as reference
https://shipsofscale.com/sosforums/...occre-kit-15800-build-from-2004-to-2012.3603/
Very impressive Charles! I too am in the middle of the ST project. Your historic color scheme almost looks like the same route I took. I would be very pleased with myself if mine comes close to your achievement! Well done Sir!

Cheers,
Ken.

Back