Santisima Trinidad [COMPLETED BUILD]

Having build the model long time ago I know first hand the work involve on that model
But the work you put on the weathering even if as I said lots before not a fan have to admit that is impressive work and can only admire it and said WOW superb workThumbsup

Having build the model long time ago I know first hand the work involve on that model
But the work you put on the weathering even if as I said lots before not a fan have to admit that is impressive work and can only admire it and said WOW superb workThumbsup
Thank you, for all the comments but also for your build log, I lost count how many times I checked it to figure stuff out

Also thank you to everyone else for the likes and comments

Meanwhile, I've weathered and made the fake tar (yes I know Stockholm tar should be brown and I still went with black) on the ropes arround the fore mast, I've glued it in place and did the 1st shroud pair, and one of the dead eyes
IMG_20201003_015900.jpg

I think that Shelk's weathering is more in line with most ships of the time, except navy ships.
Remember the paints used gave little protection from the weather unless they were mixed with a watery tar substance. Only Navy ships were kept spick and span.
Look at the ship in the background at 1:27 minutes:
Compare that to the ship on the opposite side of the dock.
The Santisima Trinidad belonged to a Spanish navy that had received little investment leading up to Napoleon's invasion of Spain, and almost none after the invasion.

Realised that for the 1st time on this build I'm doing something that takes longer to assemble than it does to weather, was always the other way arround so far

So here is the progress
IMG_20201005_011355.jpgIMG_20201005_011435.jpgIMG_20201005_022127.jpg

Already stained the lanyard rope, started staining the cannon ropes also, can't have too clean rope on this ship

The tar is also looking good in my opinion

Last edited:
Thank you, I wish I would get more feedback about the videos
Perhaps you could show a text list of what you've just done? I have just watched the weathering deck beams video, and it would be useful to know what you had used in what order; e.g. black paint/matt varnish/chipping solution/black paint/sandpaper.
You make it look so easy! Which is the mark of a craftsman.

Back