Scroll saw - late Xmas present to myself

HI ES, MY TAKE THE ONLY SCROLL SAW THAT I RECOMEND IS THE DREMEL MTO-SAW, I HAVE HAD 3 OTHERS NO LONGER, THIS IS THE ONLY ONE THAT HAS MINIMAL CHATTER, THE OTHERS VIBRATIONS GALORE UBUSABLE TO ME, ALSO I USE A POWERMAX BAND SAW I9 DO NOT KNOW IF THEY HAVE THIS IN THEUK, BUT CHECK OUT THE TABLE TOP BAND SAWS MINE DOES EVERYTHING FROM RE-SAWING, TO CUTTING STRIPS ALL SIZES AS WELL AS A GREAT SCROLL SAW HAD MINE FOR ABOUT 4 YEARS IT IS MY WORK HORSE MY COST AT THE TIME $120.00 COMPARED TO $300.00 TO $400.00 FOR HOBBY SAWS, CHECK IT OUT. GOD BLESS STAY SAFE YOU AND YOURS DON

Hi Don
Thanks for the recommendations, I'll have a look, but I'm past buying any new power tools because I don't really have the space. I seem to recall trying different teeth types but without success, but from what you say it's probably the saw.
F/S

Hi Ian
Any updates on your saws cutting capabilities please? I ask because I bought a scroll saw some years ago and was extremely disappointed in it's abilities. It's sat unused and unloved ever since. I was hoping it would cut 1/8th" hardwood but but that turned out not to be the case. I'm a loiterer on this group and considering getting involved, and just running some ideas through my head.
FS
Hi FenStranger,

Try buying some good quality blades before buying another saw. Hegner are probably the best scroll saw around and whoever is selling them will most likely sell good quality blades, I know from personal experience the blade can make all the difference.

Cheers,
Stephen.

Hi again Stephen, would these be a good test please?
F/S
These collection from Hegner is very good - I have them still and use them in my Hegner

Hola, Ian
¿Alguna actualización sobre las capacidades de corte de sus sierras, por favor? Pregunto porque compré una sierra de calar hace algunos años y estaba extremadamente decepcionado con sus habilidades. Se sentó sin usar y sin amor desde entonces. Esperaba que cortara madera dura de 1/8", pero resultó que no fue así. Soy un holgazán en este grupo y estoy considerando involucrarme, y solo se me ocurren algunas ideas.
FS
Las máquinas no tienen habilidades, estás están en la cabeza y las manos del hombre

Machines have no skills, you are in the head and hands of man

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi again Stephen, would these be a good test please?
F/S
Hi F/S,

I don't really know, I bought my blades at a working with wood show, sold to me by the guy selling Hegner in Australia. I just got a selection of blades wrapped up in plastic bags.
However if Uwe says they are good then I will go with that.

Cheers,
Stephen.

Back