Searching good chisel for working the rabbet etc.

OK, is the micro-chisel from Micro-Mark (Exemple micro-chisel set) can be used for the usage specified, or the Veritas from Lee Valley is better (Veritas miniature chisel) ?
These two sets are not easy to compare
The Veritas set is from high quality, used for real wood work - the biggest chisel is appr. 1cm wide
The Micro-Marc is more used for carving works, with much smaller heads, also using much less forces - so for finer accurate carvings....

So maybe should I purchass the Veritas one for rabbeting the keel.
I guess you are looking for not for the Belem, but for future builds, or?

I am often using such small chisels from the plastic modeling - you could buy two in different sizes and you have already some sharp chisels as a basis in your workshop - no need to buy an expensive set, with some nice chisels, which you never use

Hfea0a954a0bc45589d60c919413b9b169.jpg_q50.jpg

I use a sharp no. 11 XActo blade…do a straight down cut in the lower edge…then carve a slopped cut into the straight cut on the upper edge. Control of the cut is about the same between a chisel and a no. 11 blade. Plus…no matter which method or grade of chisel they must be sharp! Especially keep chisels sharp…even an average chisel will work if kept sharp…

Last edited:
Thanks, you blown my balloon. It is difficult to restrain me from purchasing these beautiful tools like Veritas stuff. But you are forgiven. Lol!

Thanks for letting me returned to the ground lol!

Hopping that my english is cool enough to joking in your langage.

Michel

METROm
Estos dos conjuntos no son fáciles de comparar.
El juego Veritas es de alta calidad, se utiliza para trabajos de madera real: el cincel más grande es aprox. 1 cm de ancho
El Micro-Marc se usa más para trabajos de tallado, con cabezas mucho más pequeñas, y también usando mucha menos fuerza, por lo que para tallados más finos y precisos...
Yo me compraría un Micro Mark. Le sacarás más partido

Back