Seawatch books

Maarten

Staff member
Forum Moderator

Does anybody knows what is the status of seawatch books. Ordered a book last july 25th with a credit card payment. Send them an email last week but don't hear anything. Are they out of business?

Does anybody knows what is the status of seawatch books. Ordered a book last july 25th with a credit card payment. Send them an email last week but don't hear anything. Are they out of business?
"last July 25th" in 2018 or 2019 ? this year it is only 2 weeks ago - still in the range of normal shipping time for overseas, or?
In the meantime international postage costs are very very high, so small publisher have to choose cheaper solutions with longer delivery times....
But I know also, that the international postage of Seawatch is really not the cheapest ones...... o_O

Interesting for all of us is off course: Which book you have ordered?

Interesting for all of us is off course: Which book you have ordered?
The book I ordered is ............ hms sussex. I wanted to add a book about the Dutch merchant ships of the 17th century and hoped to receive then before my holidays next week.

But being a family business they are most probably on summer holiday too.
Just a matter of good old patience.:cool:

I havent got any reply sofar, I can just see the reservation on my credit card. I already swnd them an email so most probably they will come back on it during my holidays.
Thx.

The book I ordered is ............ hms sussex. I wanted to add a book about the Dutch merchant ships of the 17th century and hoped to receive then before my holidays next week.

But being a family business they are most probably on summer holiday too.
Just a matter of good old patience.:cool:
This one?

You can get one here Link but it was difficult to find in search because whoever listed it spelled Building wrong! Sadly, not replying to e-mails is quite common these days, even if you are trying to purchase something! Afraid the book is horribly expensive though, in excess of £100!:confused:

Last edited:
You can get one here Link but it was difficult to find in search because whoever listed it spelled Building wrong! Sadly, not replying to e-mails is quite common these days, even if you are trying to purchase something! Afraid the book is horribly expensive though, in excess of £100!:confused:
I ordered it already via seawatchbooks. Unfortunately good books are expensive.

It is only 2 weeks back - maybe they are in holidays, Seawatch books is running by Cathy and Bob, so only two people.
I would not get nervous - especially because they are very professional book dealer

I know you did, but it doesn't help if you don't get it, and they don't reply to your e-mails!
Bob, don't scare him...LOL, It is premature to make a conclusion. I use their store many times before. They a bit slow, hence it is summertime. I am confident Maarten receives his package!

The same happend to me now:
order via mail - confirmation by Bob - transfer of credit card data
and than waiting with asking twice about status but now reply to my mails
and after 4 weeks - surprise - the books arrived

Back