Second ever build Havmagen 683 from Billing Boats [COMPLETED BUILD]

Hi @Panteg Models!

Billing Boats saves the provision of a slipway with this design. Before the keel and frames are built, the slipway is built first to ensure a straight keel and even alignement of the frames. Billing Boats takes a simplified approach here, which is sufficient for a neatly aligned assembly given the small size of the fishing boat.

1675515194989.png

Best regards
Thomas

I am going to have to go and “rescue” some Lego blocks from my 6 year old great granddaughter…awesome idea to use legos as squaring blocks. Hmmm…maybe I can “buy” some from her…trade…this might get expensive. 6 year old Great Granddaughters are shrewd negotiators!

PS: I thought better of my idea to negotiate with my 6 year old great granddaughter. Not happening. So Amazon.com is getting an order for Lego bricks. Yeah, I know…I’m a wimp…

I sometimes need tech support with my iPhone…but I have to be patient…she’s only 6 and has to go to bed early. :)

Last edited:
I am going to have to go and “rescue” some Lego blocks from my 6 year old great granddaughter…awesome idea to use legos as squaring blocks. Hmmm…maybe I can “buy” some from her…trade…this might get expensive. 6 year old Great Granddaughters are shrewd negotiators!

PS: I thought better of my idea to negotiate with my 6 year old great granddaughter. Not happening. So Amazon.com is getting an order for Lego bricks. Yeah, I know…I’m a wimp…
Also got mine off Amazon , not my idea but they do work very well!

Hi @Panteg Models!

Billing Boats saves the provision of a slipway with this design. Before the keel and frames are built, the slipway is built first to ensure a straight keel and even alignement of the frames. Billing Boats takes a simplified approach here, which is sufficient for a neatly aligned assembly given the small size of the fishing boat.

View attachment 355490

Best regards
Thomas
Thanks

A little bit more bulkhead progress , not much time today as being Welsh had to suffer watching Wales loose against Ireland in the Six nations Rugby championship .

10 .jpg

I built the Norden. They look exactly the same. What's the difference, if you know?

Back