RcModel Serving machine v3.0

The machine looks very good. A work of craftmanship.

I use the Domanoff serving machine motorized version. One of the main problems I am encountering when serving a piece of rope, irrespective of length, is to co-ordinate my fingers as the rope is being rotated to ensure the serving thread a) is tight around the rope and b) to ensure that there are no gaps between the windings. Any tips from the community on this respect?

I guess there is a way to do this mechanically, that is to have the thread move along the bar at the same rate as the rope's rotation, but this would entail, for instance, of having a pitch on the threaded bar of 0,2 mm (the thickness of the serving twine) - one turn of the rope = 0,2 mm of the twine. An extremely fine thread, which could only be manufatured on a lathe, if at all.

Trevor.

Hello
I solved it differently, my idea was to use a "trolley" that arranges itself. I am sending a movie where you can see how it works. There is an old version of the device in the movie, but the principle of operation is the same

It is important that the spool has resistance adjustment. There must be a slight resistance to keep the thread from being loose, that's what this spring is for

I couldn't find any information on the RC Model website on how to order, or I have I overlooked it?
You need to order it by contacting him,also these are custom orders so you have to wait weeks before gets shipped as he needs to make one for you.

Last edited:
Hello The offer is available at this link:

Many thanks.
After looking at your model, I summize that the cart will not go with the Domanoff version as the threaded bar and the rope are at angles to each other when the machine is sitting on its base.
I believe it should be possible though to make the cart (spool holder) for the Domanoff machine. I mounted this machine at 90° so that the bar ist immediately below the thread holder. This bar can be replaced by a non-threaded bar. What do you think?
Domanoff server.jpg

in that case, you can try
I need information
what is the diameter of the threaded rod?
what is the distance between the rod axis and the rope?

PS. Have you considerd making a cutter for planks etc?
I bought one off the internet and it is horrible. The cutting arm holding the cutter blade is not perpendicular to the base, so that the plank ends are always at an angle, the arm is flexible resulting in a different lengths of planks and other parts when attempting to cut numerous pieces to the same length.

in that case, you can try
I need information
what is the diameter of the threaded rod?
what is the distance between the rod axis and the rope?
The threaded bar is M5. The distance from the centre of the bar to the centre of the thread holder is 37,5 mm.
As an engineer, I am contemplating making one myself, time permitting! I will slip an 8 mm dia. brass tube with an inside dia. of 5 mm over the threaded bar as the cart may not run smoothly on the thread. Alternatively, I will add a length of tubing (8mm OD and 5 mm ID), about 40 mm long onto the cart. The tube will be cut along its length, just less than half of the diameter, which will then sit on the threaded bar. Another possibility would be to replace the bar entirely with a 5 mm OD brass bar and cut a thread at each end for the hexagon nuts.

As a matter of interest without obligation, how much would it cost in Euros if you made it including postage to Germany and waht would the delivery time including manufacture be if I should decide that time wasn't on my side? I would then replace the threaded bar with the brass bar.

information for those who are waiting. Shipment at the end of the week.
I will inform everyone personally and provide shipping details. I'm sorry it took so long.
I've had an accident and been immobilized for quite a long time.
Sorry and thank you for your patience
Roman

Attachments

• IMG_2879.JPG
    IMG_2879.JPG
    215.9 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_2881(1).JPG
    IMG_2881(1).JPG
    255.8 KB · Views: 33
  • giet.jpg
    giet.jpg
    153.1 KB · Views: 34
Roman,

Everything arrived in good condition. Just unpacked everything. Nice job, let me know if you have something else come up for sale.

Thanks,
Bill

Back