Serving machine

Hi I have just ordered a serving machine on eBay , it’s manufactured in Poland ,
This person also makes model ship rope making machines as well and the pricing isn’t too bad either. This machine will serve ripe , blocks and a mouses ( non cheese eating kind ) etc , it comes in a few models , hand power , electric motor powered , also does rope endless and non endless Ed served . I think that kit has to assembled yourself , but I think that is half the fun . Pictures enclosed, also he has really good feedback on eBay , also he sells made up rope as well

BD7DD1B4-9232-4649-A153-7C36E073CD1A.png

05FE40E0-7B30-48B7-99FE-EA46210979A1.png

53132E69-EF82-4A9C-BC17-A6F0207C26A2.png

2FD1BFAA-7514-4A9F-892C-95C38804F8EF.png

0B4FFB1D-5137-4F52-B0F2-4EAABFB888B1.png

7FA1A29A-F6AE-480E-A8E9-7B3346168AB3.png

956AAB44-6ECC-4967-9571-BFAB8DA2FD08.png

B7EBBD18-469F-40C0-A0DF-5B1DA46F6B85.png

I just ordered one yesterday from Ship Workshop myself. I believe it is the same person as the machine looks the same except the color of the acrylic. I'm anxious to receive it and put it to use!

Glenn

I think this is the Domanoff-type tool. I've got his rope making machine but not this serving gear.
A comment on 'Red Dragon's serving pieces: I think he used too thick a thread for the serving. I my experience the size of the serving thread should not be more than 1/5-1/6 of the size of the core line. With this ratio the serving looks much more consistent and smooth.
János

Hi Janos these are pictures I took of the eBay site , that were on eBay , I’m still waiting for it to arrive from polandSleep

Me too I should get mine on the 5th (but it’s not a competition)ROTF
If it were a competition you'd definitely have the advantage! ROTF At least I don't have to rely on the mail system they had in the Era we enjoy modeling.

Mine doesn't have an ETA yet.

1. Serving machines are all mechanically the same; in that they all perform exactly the same function.
2. There was a simple homemade design presented in the NRJ about 6 or 7 years ago that could be built for about 20 bucks.
3. The design is endlessly variable and can use any size thread; 0.007 inch diameter thread is about the smallest diameter commercially available.
Actual scale serving thread at 1\48 would be about 0.003 or 0.003 inches in diameter; commercial thread is not available this small.

1. Serving machines are all mechanically the same; in that they all perform exactly the same function.
2. There was a simple homemade design presented in the NRJ about 6 or 7 years ago that could be built for about 20 bucks.
3. The design is endlessly variable and can use any size thread; 0.007 inch diameter thread is about the smallest diameter commercially available.
Actual scale serving thread at 1\48 would be about 0.003 or 0.003 inches in diameter; commercial thread is not available this small.
from Poland build his own. I have detailed instruktion for this, and for ROPE MAKING MACHINE too. I have even seen one build-up of Lego pieces. in my long time of build, I have always done it by hand

from Poland build his own. I have detailed instruktion for this, and for ROPE MAKING MACHINE too. I have even seen one build-up of Lego pieces. in my long time of build, I have always done it by hand

Attachments

• TECNICA- MAQUINAS PARA CABOS (2).pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 76
sorry. wrong pictures. will try to find the right one, if not ask MIREK FROM POLAND. he made his own. the only problem here is, that he only speaks polish, but using the google translater it is ok. he build it when he made el MONTANES- LOOK AT HIS BUILD.
As I am little by little closing down,, I may have deleted it, or it has gone to another place. anyhow I have some images, hope this will help

1283102954_963_FT1655_14_02_dsc03360.jpg

1283102954_963_FT1655_14_01_dsc03359 (1).jpg

1283102954_963_FT1655_14_03_dsc03362.jpg

1283102954_963_FT1655_14_07_dsc03419.jpg

1283102954_963_FT1655_14_09_dsc03426.jpg

servo15.jpg.opt321x266o0,0s321x266.jpg

1283102954_963_FT1655_14_01_dsc03359 (1).jpg

Be my guest. I've included the F360 files, do what you will with them. They are not 'industry standard', just something quick'n'dirty that do the job. If I was making it again I'd reduce the volume of the end pieces as they are a bit over-engineered and it took hours to print. Maybe contour the profile more to minimise the amount of unnecessary material, there's hardly any strain on this machine. In my case I just bought some 6mm x 1m brass tube from a local DIY store as I already had some spare bearings and I'm never short of screws and bolts. It doesn't need to be brass, almost anything will do. Likewise, it doesn't really need roller bearings or for them to be this size. bronze bushes would be fine, you ain't gonna be creating a lot of heat on this thing :). The reason there are spare bearing holes is because I wanted the option of a gear ratio of 1:1 (not used) or 1:2. The latter is fine. And the spare rod holes at the bottom are so that, if you went for 1:1, you could reverse the orientation. You could do away with both of these

One other thing I'd do differently if I ever make it again - I'll use three gears, so the direction of rotation is the same as the handle. I don't know why but it throws me slightly that the thread revolves in opposite direction to the handle. I actually prefer El Capi's method of housing the gears inside two plates, and the thread clamps (which I may copy) but I think I'd still want the thread up at the top of the machine.

ps. I don't remember which STL's I actually used, if there are duplicates look for the latest versions or drop me a line.

IMG_20220515_211303.jpg

Attachments

• servmach.zip
    4.3 MB · Views: 41
Be my guest. I've included the F360 files, do what you will with them. They are not 'industry standard', just something quick'n'dirty that do the job. If I was making it again I'd reduce the volume of the end pieces as they are a bit over-engineered and it took hours to print. Maybe contour the profile more to minimise the amount of unnecessary material, there's hardly any strain on this machine. In my case I just bought some 6mm x 1m brass tube from a local DIY store as I already had some spare bearings and I'm never short of screws and bolts. It doesn't need to be brass, almost anything will do. Likewise, it doesn't really need roller bearings or for them to be this size. bronze bushes would be fine, you ain't gonna be creating a lot of heat on this thing :). The reason there are spare bearing holes is because I wanted the option of a gear ratio of 1:1 (not used) or 1:2. The latter is fine. And the spare rod holes at the bottom are so that, if you went for 1:1, you could reverse the orientation. You could do away with both of these

One other thing I'd do differently if I ever make it again - I'll use three gears, so the direction of rotation is the same as the handle. I don't know why but it throws me slightly that the thread revolves in opposite direction to the handle. I actually prefer El Capi's method of housing the gears inside two plates, and the thread clamps (which I may copy) but I think I'd still want the thread up at the top of the machine.

ps. I don't remember which STL's I actually used, if there are duplicates look for the latest versions or drop me a line.

View attachment 314692
I am very grateful for the printable files, I have long wanted to make this machine. Greetings from Ukraine.

Back