Servus (Hello) from Austria

Hello SOS fellows,
my name is Martin and I'm building plastic models for a few years in my spare free time. Unfortunately I'm not very skilfull with my fingers. So my modells are far from perfect, but nevertheless I enjoy building.

1705246393727.png
1705246354327.png
1705246322024.png
1705247416781.png

I wanted to try something new and so came to wood modelling.

I'm a tool junky, aren't that all modellers? Thousands of sanders, tweezers, clamps, cutters, brushes, glues an Airbrush and a Proxxon IBS/E with a lot of accessories.
For wood modelling I already extended my tools for a Proxxon TG 125 disc sander and a Dremel fretsaw. Not sure if that was a good buy, I thought a long time about a Proxxon DS230 but then got the Dremel for a very good price at black Friday. But maybe I'm just a Proxxon Fanboy without realizing it :) .
1705247740500.png
1705247799916.png

My first attempt was the greek bireme by Amati, but I soon saw that I should have started with a simplier modell (or one with a better manual) and so put the bireme aside (maybe later). The new object of desire was the Occre Polaris because I read a lot of good thinks about the manual and yes ... here it is (mostly) clear what to do.

All the best,
Martin

also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our forum
and bet wishes from Vienna
Starting a building log is a very good way to get assistance and help by other members and modelers
BTW: Most important is, that our hobby is making fun - so enjoy the modeling of wooden models

Back