Shiny new member from Seattle

Hello everybody! :greetings-waveyellow:
Dave C. here. Just come on board this a.m.!
Am looking forward to learning and sharing.
Years ago, I built scale model ships. Mostly p.o.b. Way back when, I started out with plastic. I built two Revell "Constitution." The second, I put in radio control for rudder and sail control.
Took it out on a very light wind day. It was perfect! I launched her and she sailed beautifully.
Suddenly, a freak gust blew and she heeled over before I could correct and...down she went!
Ah well, all's well that ends well. She was raised from the depths, taken home, cleaned up and sat on a shelf for the remainder of her career.
Built the Dumas "Crockett." That was a total fun time! The AL Harvey. Numerous others also.
Then, I took an interest in model railroading. Build nothing but scratchbuilt structures in O scale.
My son brought home a wooden ship model the other day...AL Virginia 1819. He started and was doing just fine. He became bored and gave me the ship. Now, the bug has bit me again!
I am presently building her as a kitbash
I am converting her to a two masted topsail schooner. Love those Baltimore Clippers!
Anyhow, once I learn how to use the forum, I will try to do a short thread.

Have a marvelous day! I am looking forward to learning from the masters here.
Oh, and I have my eye on the Model Shipways brig "Syren." What a beauty! IMHO.

Dave C
Seattle-

Welcome Dave. Glad you are back. The things available today make this a glorious hobby. I lived in Seattle a year back in 1968-69. Still have a niece that lives up there but the rest have moved down here including two sisters and 5 other nieces. I bought my first wooden ship model in Seattle at a hobby store that was part of Norstroms at the time. So hope you enjoy this site.

Hi Dave,

to you and to the other new members - welcome. I think a few of you had a little trouble with the registration process, but I think I have now all those things ironed out now. As it is with anything computer related, it is always something.

Donnie

Back