Ship's Plans

I am interested in drawings either dimensioned or scaled of the “Bridge deck, the overall hull and the standing / running rigging of HMS Endurance, does anyone know where they could be found?
Thank you
Jim Maguire (GV Division)

I am interested in drawings either dimensioned or scaled of the “Bridge deck, the overall hull and the standing / running rigging of HMS Endurance, does anyone know where they could be found?
Thank you
Jim Maguire (GV Division)
Do you mean the Endurance (without HMS), barquentine of Ernest Shackleton?
Originally a norwegian ship, she was (as I remember, privatly owned....

Yes, I am referring to Earnest Shackleton’s ship, the three masted Barquentine that was built in Sandefiord, Norway in 1912 and sank in the Weddell Sea in 1915. I would like to carve a model of it but the only dimensions I can find on the internet is the length 144 ft. (44m) and the beam 25 ft. (7.6m)

Take a look here:

Take a look here:

I had already contacted the National Library of Scotland last week and they said they will get back to me later, I will contact the Sea Museum. Thank you for your help,.
Jim

Uwe,
You helped me out before, I hope you can do it again; I saw where you told someone that there are Ship's Plans for "HMS Terror" on Wikipedia that can be downloaded, could you please send me a link to do that or explain in detail how I would do that (I am not good with computers).
Thank you
Jim Maguire

Here are the HMS Terror drawings at the NMM

and maybe the HMS Erebus could be also interesting for you

some of the drawings are also available at wikipedia in high resolution

Here is one of the Terror and Erebus drawings in high resolution

Size of this preview: 800 × 315 pixels. Other resolutions: 320 × 126 pixels | 640 × 252 pixels | 1,024 × 403 pixels | 1,280 × 504 pixels | 2,560 × 1,007 pixels | 15,249 × 6,000 pixels.
Original file ‎(15,249 × 6,000 pixels, file size: 42.96 MB, MIME type: image/png)

Back