Silent Mary by Mellpapa

-- Making Kebbel Cleats --
SilentMary-39-40-01.jpg
I'll start with a simple drawing of the kebelcrete.
It is a good drawing if I can understand it.
The material will be 1mm thick cypress wood.

SilentMary-39-40.jpg
We immediately cut the Kebelcrete parts out of 1mm-thick cypress wood.

SilentMary-39-41.jpg
Four sets of parts were made, so I assembled four pieces.
After that, I lightly sanded them.
They are small parts, so the shape is uneven, but I don't care.

SilentMary-39-42.jpg
I made six in all, so here is a commemorative photo.

SilentMary-39-43.jpg
It was painted in German gray and dry brushed in neutral gray to finish.
Next up is to build the mast.

--Mast fabrication --
SilentMary-39-44.jpg
I have drawn the mast before, but this is a reworked drawing from when I built the Black Pearl, and it is pretty crude.
It is a drawing that only I, as usual, should be able to understand.
So this drawing is only a guide.
It does not mean that I will build it according to this drawing.

SilentMary-39-45.jpg
SilentMary-39-46.jpg
SilentMary-39-47.jpg
SilentMary-39-49-01.jpg
The documents are the five images above.
The aft side of the top of the mast (red arrow part) usually has a handrail, but the Silent Mary in the movie does not.
The third image shows the scene where the Silent Mary, now a ghost ship, attacks the Queen Anne Revenge, but there is no handrail.
If you look closely, you will see that the top of the Queen Unrevenged also has no handrail.
Fourth image: The handrail is not depicted in the concept illustration either.

I thought about what to do with the handrail, but I conceived the idea when I built the model of the Silent Mary, "I'm going to build the Silent Mary as it appeared in the movie." Based on this concept, we will not add a handrail.
Incidentally, the Wicked Winch, the ship on which the Black Pearl was based, does have handrails. That's strange.

From these facts, I think that the ship in the movie does not have any copyrights.
I guess they are just props for the movie.
If there were copyrights, they would have been detailed in the drawings and documents.
There shouldn't be different details in different scenes.

SilentMary-39-48.jpg
This is the main lower mast, the part in the red frame of the drawing.
For the mast part, there was no 1cm square cypress wood on hand, so I glued four 5mm square cypress pieces together, made a 1cm square bar, and cut it out with a cutter knife.
The top part (platform) was not made according to the drawing.
The drawing is only a meausre representation.
In the image above, the top is the front side and the bottom is the back side.
The mast is on the left and right.

SilentMary-39-49.jpg
A and B merge to form the top (platform).
C is the front side of the combined top and D is its back side.
All are made of cypress work material.

SilentMary-39-50.jpgSilentMary-39-52.jpg
SilentMary-39-51.jpg
SilentMary-39-53.jpg
I temporarily assembled it on the hull.
From the front, it stands vertically.
From the side, it leans back, but this is in accordance with the concept illustration.
This is how it should look.
The next step is to build the top mast that will be installed on top of this main lower mast.

Mellpapa, you are frightening me. Such a small stand looks so unstable, and I keep imagining all your hard work tumbling onto the floor. :eek: Please don't let it happen!

Mellpapa, you are frightening me. Such a small stand looks so unstable, and I keep imagining all your hard work tumbling onto the floor. Please don't let it happen!:eek:
Mr. Namabiiru
That small and unstable stand is quite nice! ;)
It makes me nervous in the right way.
Making models is exciting and thrilling~!:D
If it breaks, you can fix it.Thumbsup

SilentMary-39-54-01.jpg
I made the parts in the red boxed area in the drawing.
I wanted to make up to the main royal mast, but it was a bit too much.

DSC_8926-01.jpg
There were no 8mm square bars to make the main top mast, so four 4mm square bars were glued together to make an 8mm square bar.

DSC_8928-01.jpg
The shape of the main top mast was drawn in pencil on an 8mm square bar.

DSC_8930-01.jpg
Shave with a cutter knife and a design knife.
When the main top mast is shaped, sandpaper is applied.
Four more 3mm square bars were glued together to make a 6mm square bar, which was then shaved to make the maintogern mast.

DSC_8932-01.jpg
The main top mast and parts up to the maint-gern mast are ready.
I wanted to make up to the royal mast, but it was impossible.

DSC_8933-01.jpg
DSC_8935-01.jpg
This is what it looks like when tentatively assembled.
I put it on the table so it wouldn't roll down to the floor and took pictures. ;)

View attachment 439524
I made the parts in the red boxed area in the drawing.
I wanted to make up to the main royal mast, but it was a bit too much.

View attachment 439525
There were no 8mm square bars to make the main top mast, so four 4mm square bars were glued together to make an 8mm square bar.

View attachment 439526
The shape of the main top mast was drawn in pencil on an 8mm square bar.

View attachment 439527
Shave with a cutter knife and a design knife.
When the main top mast is shaped, sandpaper is applied.
Four more 3mm square bars were glued together to make a 6mm square bar, which was then shaved to make the maintogern mast.

View attachment 439528
The main top mast and parts up to the maint-gern mast are ready.
I wanted to make up to the royal mast, but it was impossible.

View attachment 439529
View attachment 439530
This is what it looks like when tentatively assembled.
I put it on the table so it wouldn't roll down to the floor and took pictures. ;)
Good morning. I love your work- beautiful. I learned something new as well- first time I have seen cleats like that. Cheers Grant

Mr. GrantTyler.​

Thank you for the "like". We are still working on the mast. :D
Please look forward to more work in the future!Thumbsup:)

SilentMary-40-01.jpg
The red frame part of the drawing, the basic part of the main mast, is finally completed.

SilentMary-40-02.jpg
Despite various failures, I am self-satisfied with the basic components of the main mast.
From the bottom, main lower mast, main top mast, main top gallant mast, and main royal mast. ...... Is this name correct? .....

SilentMary-40-03.jpg
I temporarily assembled the basic main mast components and temporarily installed it on the hull.
It is a main mast, so it is long.
See the drawing below to see how high it is.

SilentMary-40-04.jpg
This is a simple drawing of the Silent Mary, approximately 89 cm long and 73 cm tall.
The scale is about 1/98, but quite appropriate.
When I looked up the total length of the Silent Mary on the Internet, I could not find a figure, so I fantasized that a ship with 100 cannons would be about this size.
I reduced it to 1/98 and drew it.
It has no material value at all.
I would like to make foremast and mizzenmast, but I don't have the materials. I don't have 5mm, 4mm, 3mm, and 2mm square timbers of cypress in stock.
Let's go to a home center and buy them.

Last edited:
Thank you very much for creating the Silent Mary, which gave me a very important reference and allowed me to recreate this ship in LEGO. Since the release of Pirates of the Caribbean 5 in 2017, I have loved the Silent Mary very much. Today, with the support of your work, I have been able to use LEGO to recreate it4.png4_3.png4_2.png4_9.png4_10.png

Thank you very much for creating the Silent Mary, which gave me a very important reference and allowed me to recreate this ship in LEGO. Since the release of Pirates of the Caribbean 5 in 2017, I have loved the Silent Mary very much. Today, with the support of your work, I have been able to use LEGO to recreate itView attachment 442172View attachment 442173View attachment 442174View attachment 442175View attachment 442176
Hello mojojojo!
I see you made this with 3D LEGO parts.
This is amazing. You are a genius.
Thank you very much for the reference to the Silent Mary that I am building.
I am very honored.
Are you going to make the beak head and figurehead in the future?
Will you actually use LEGO to build the Silent Mary?
If you build it with real LEGO, please post a picture.

I have seen wonderful things. It is an eye-opener.
Please keep up the good work. Thumbsup :D

Hello mojojojo!
I see you made this with 3D LEGO parts.
This is amazing. You are a genius.
Thank you very much for the reference to the Silent Mary that I am building.
I am very honored.
Are you going to make the beak head and figurehead in the future?
Will you actually use LEGO to build the Silent Mary?
If you build it with real LEGO, please post a picture.

I have seen wonderful things. It is an eye-opener.
Please keep up the good work. Thumbsup :D
Yes, once I have designed it in LEGO software, I will purchase the parts to make a real Silent Mary. Thank you very much for your work. In the past few years, I have been searching for relevant information about the Silent Mary all over the internet, but there are very few people who make this ship. By chance, I found that there is only one ship on the internet that is the most authentic and exquisite, the Silent Mary. Last night, I just designed the bow of the ship, and now I want to find a way to make a statue of the bow. This is still a bit difficult in LEGO. Next, I will continue to refer to your works and try to make the Silent Mary as good as possible. Once I have made the real ship, I will share it with you as soon as possible微信图片_20240418094705.jpg微信图片_20240418094802.jpg微信图片_20240418094806.jpg微信图片_20240418094809.jpg微信图片_20240418094852.jpg微信图片_20240418094859.jpg微信图片_20240418094904.jpg微信图片_20240418094907.jpg

Yes, once I have designed it in LEGO software, I will purchase the parts to make a real Silent Mary. Thank you very much for your work. In the past few years, I have been searching for relevant information about the Silent Mary all over the internet, but there are very few people who make this ship. By chance, I found that there is only one ship on the internet that is the most authentic and exquisite, the Silent Mary. Last night, I just designed the bow of the ship, and now I want to find a way to make a statue of the bow. This is still a bit difficult in LEGO. Next, I will continue to refer to your works and try to make the Silent Mary as good as possible. Once I have made the real ship, I will share it with you as soon as possibleView attachment 442425View attachment 442426View attachment 442427View attachment 442428View attachment 442429View attachment 442430View attachment 442431View attachment 442432
Hello mojojojo!
You made the bow.
It took me about a week to make the bow for my Silent Mary. (LOL)
This is the first time I know there is Lego software.
I learned a lot.
Then there is the figurehead.
I wish you a wonderful LEGO Silent Mary! :D :D

Hello mojojojo!
You made the bow.
It took me about a week to make the bow for my Silent Mary. (LOL)
This is the first time I know there is Lego software.
I learned a lot.
Then there is the figurehead.
I wish you a wonderful LEGO Silent Mary! :D :D
Today I made the mast of the ship and finally made the bow statue. The Silent Mary has finally been officially completed, and the mast was also made based on your drawings. The proportion difference should not be significant. As for the bow statue, space is also limited and it is difficult to implement in software. I plan to add some details to the actual product. You can see that the bow statue I made has also been adjusted to copper, and the whole ship looks really great. Thank you微信图片_20240419161726.jpg微信图片_20240419161807.jpg微信图片_20240419161816.jpg微信图片_20240419161824.jpg微信图片_20240419161832.jpg微信图片_20240419161912.jpg微信图片_20240419161920.jpg微信图片_20240419161925.jpg微信图片_20240419161933.jpg微信图片_20240419161940.jpg微信图片_20240419162024.jpg

Today I made the mast of the ship and finally made the bow statue. The Silent Mary has finally been officially completed, and the mast was also made based on your drawings. The proportion difference should not be significant. As for the bow statue, space is also limited and it is difficult to implement in software. I plan to add some details to the actual product. You can see that the bow statue I made has also been adjusted to copper, and the whole ship looks really great. Thank youView attachment 442660View attachment 442661View attachment 442662View attachment 442663View attachment 442664View attachment 442665View attachment 442666View attachment 442667View attachment 442668View attachment 442669View attachment 442670
WE would be very happy, if you could start your own building log .....

WE would be very happy, if you could start your own building log .....
Very good suggestion, but due to language differences, I still need to understand how to use this website. I will send my production process later. Thank you

Today I made the mast of the ship and finally made the bow statue. The Silent Mary has finally been officially completed, and the mast was also made based on your drawings. The proportion difference should not be significant. As for the bow statue, space is also limited and it is difficult to implement in software. I plan to add some details to the actual product. You can see that the bow statue I made has also been adjusted to copper, and the whole ship looks really great. Thank youView attachment 442660View attachment 442661View attachment 442662View attachment 442663View attachment 442664View attachment 442665View attachment 442666View attachment 442667View attachment 442668View attachment 442669View attachment 442670
Hi mojojojo!
You work fast. :D
Very cool and now you are going to actually build it with LEGO.
Please copy and use the illustration of the two-headed eagle on the sail too.
Please post a picture when you finish it.
I'm looking forward to seeing it!

I finally got the materials for this one and my Silent Mary has taken shape for the foremast.;)
The mizzen mast is on its way.

Keep up the good work.Thumbsup

Back