sketchup

Yo trabajo con SU desde Enero de 2007. Es un magnifico programa. Nunca lo he empleado para esta actividad

I work with SU since January 2007. It is a great program. I have never used it for this activity

Last edited by a moderator:

I tried it i wasnt very good with it but I know a lot of people that use it. it is very decent for free I am told haven't heard anything really bad about it

just remember it isnt a true 3D program it is more of a polygon modelling program rather than a parasolid. so though you can make some nice looking stuff its would be more for 3D modelling and looks rather than really useful for engineering a ship. probably be hard to get a good dxf or any type file for printing plans and parts but I havent played with it enough to say whether you can or cannot do it. just my experience with polygon modelling software like 3D max etc.

I tried using SketchUp 17 for a year, more or less, and I got completely discouraged. I bought a book fo it that has step-by-step training for woodworkers, but it seems that everything I tried to do wouldn't work right, even with the special add-ons for things like biezer curves, polygons with angled sides, etc.
I finally gave up and went back to 2D AutoSketch that I have used since about 1992. Less than ideal for some views, but extremely reliable for the things that it can do.