Small reciprocal saw.

Once you have the battery out it should have some markings indicating the size,voltage, etc and replacements are relatively easy to get through arcane electronics supply houses. Or eBay or AliExpress. There are a bunch of tutorials and youtube videos on how to do this in general, but probably not for your exact tool. You will have to "get out and under" to make the swap. Whatever the OEM used was probably common and cheap at the time and probably still is.

Last edited:
There is a Batteries Plus right there in Bonita Springs, right on Tamiami Trail. They should be able to help you get the right battery. :)

Here is a picture of the battery. It's kind of round with a flat spot on one side. It's made special to fit into the base of the saw and that's where the problem is. Nobody seems to have anything shaped like this. It's a model 3001 battery pack. Use only with the Electro-File tool ,number 3000. Even the charger is made to this shape. I see it's called an Electro-File but I had been using it as a saw with fine teeth. It worked great for a long time but now the battery won't hold a charge. I'll probably be better off finding a new tool rather than the new battery. Pete

100_0203.JPG

Here is a picture of the battery. It's kind of round with a flat spot on one side. It's made special to fit into the base of the saw and that's where the problem is. Nobody seems to have anything shaped like this. It's a model 3001 battery pack. Use only with the Electro-File tool ,number 3000. Even the charger is made to this shape. I see it's called an Electro-File but I had been using it as a saw with fine teeth. It worked great for a long time but now the battery won't hold a charge. I'll probably be better off finding a new tool rather than the new battery. Pete

View attachment 430436
There are probably normal batteries inside that case.

Exactly. Open up the case and see what is inside. You'll have to figure out how it snapped together or carefully cut it open. Manufacturers want you to by their part, but we have workarounds.

I have a small battery operated dremel and the batteries finally failed. It has a battery case somewhat like yours, but inside was 4 AA nicad batteries. I can provide pictures if you want them.

Back