soleil royal 1669

hello, i need help to find a parts number for the ships ladders. i have checked part contents but don't see them in the box. do i need the numbers to see if max will send them to me or do i just say that they are missing from the box. never had to order missing parts before. hope someone can help me out thanks terry

I would look at the plans to see if the ladders are referenced to a part #. If the plans show just the construction of the ladder, then it probably needs to be made using strips of wood supplied. Another hint might reveal itself if the kit came with a PARTS or Parts contents sheet - sometimes the parts content sheet might say something like 1 x 4 mm x 100mm (ladder construction)
One last thing to look at is the laser cut boards. Sometimes the ladders will be laser cut and will need to but cut out from that.

My Druid from Unicorn Models has laser cut parts on sheets of wood that is literally paper thin !!! So, make sure you look NOT in the plastic parts bin, but take a look at your laser cut boards.

Not sure who the manufacturer of your kit is, but most ladder parts provided with kits are pretty badly out of scale so it wouldn't be a bad idea to make your own.

Try looking on the better websites for historic ship model fittings Such as “Ages of Sail.” You will find several options for ship’s ladders from mini-kits or pre-made sets. In my experience, every kit model I have done, the ship’s ladders were made from supplied strip wood...only once from laser cut parts on a parts billet.

Back