soleil royal heller

gads no....i just put things together as i'm go along....have no idea what it will look like until it's done...so sorry........

Does anyone know where I can get the rigging threads that come with the Soleil Royal from Heller?

Hello
On the Soleil Royal I am currently building, I am using Amati threads (clear 0,10m, 0.25mm, 0.5mm and 0.7mm, brown 0.7mm and 1mm, black 0.25mm, 0.5mm, 0.7mm and 1mm)
I’m have way on mine but using one of the threads that came with the kit (it’s .3mm) and running out. I’ve reached out to Heller to see if they sell it but no answer. I can’t seem to find this thread. That’s why I’m looking for help from you guys in the forum .

.i have to get extra thread too cause i'm building my own shrouds.....
hmmmmm....on the heller kit.....what size black thread for the main and topmast stays?.......and what size for the shrouds?...

I’m have way on mine but using one of the threads that came with the kit (it’s .3mm) and running out. I’ve reached out to Heller to see if they sell it but no answer. I can’t seem to find this thread. That’s why I’m looking for help from you guys in the forum .
One possibility I am thinking of is the HIS web site
I know they sell accessories for the Heller SR
See https://www.hismodel.com/

.i have to get extra thread too cause i'm building my own shrouds.....
hmmmmm....on the heller kit.....what size black thread for the main and topmast stays?.......and what size for the shrouds?...
I use 1mm black cotton thread for the shrouds and the mast stays. All the running ropes I’ve been using .6mm

anyways, that's it for the soleil royal.....so glad i got it out of my system.......the kit's wrong hull has been bothering me subliminally for so many years......may be the last of the to do list in this lifetime (smiley)...still a bit of touching up to do..........cheers, vic

DSC_1276.JPG

DSC_1277.JPG

DSC_1265.JPG

DSC_1262.JPG

DSC_1247.JPG

DSC_1286.JPG

Last edited:
just thought i'd post a minimal build log to show what the heller soleil looks like with a more feasible hull....managed to build a wooden hull from plans provided by neko in model ship world....and painfully matched the plastic forms to the wooden hull......

View attachment 323847

View attachment 323848

View attachment 323849

View attachment 323850

View attachment 323851

View attachment 323852

View attachment 323853

View attachment 323854
Hallo @yancovitch
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake
Enjoy your special day