Soleil Royal - ZHL 1/90 Scale by Paulb [COMPLETED BUILD]

The starboard side is finished. I used 10mm black nails from Amati on either side of each cannon porthole. I made a pattern to allow me to drill nail holes on either side. I finished with Minwax natural then cherry stains on the hull planks with the simulated hull wood pegs. This took some time and effort, but I'm happy with the result.
IMG_0885.jpgIMG_0886.jpgIMG_0887.jpgIMG_0888.jpg

Last edited:
Another mistake that many people make. Incorrect manufacturing of lattices. The grilles themselves must have an external frame. When opening the hatches, they were hooked with hooks and pulled out. That is, they should have a frame around the perimeter. I hope I explained it correctly. I attach a photo for the concept.image (2).jpgimage.jpgimage (1).jpg

Another mistake that many people make. Incorrect manufacturing of lattices. The grilles themselves must have an external frame. When opening the hatches, they were hooked with hooks and pulled out. That is, they should have a frame around the perimeter. I hope I explained it correctly. I attach a photo for the concept.View attachment 171177View attachment 171178View attachment 171179

Nice detail. Something else to remember. Thank you !!

Daniel

Back