Soleil Royal - ZHL 1/90 Scale by Paulb [COMPLETED BUILD]

Now I was a little confused, I'm not quite sure, but I think the thick rope should go all the way to the back of the cannon barrel,
maybe there is someone else who can answer this.
I would check this before I had finished rigging all the cannons,
</s> </s> </s> </s> </s> </s> </s> </s> </s> </s> </s> </s>
</s> </s> </s> </s> </s> </s> </s> </s> </s> </s> </s> </s>

Again you have beautiful mistakes. The French had a thick rope of trousers that passed through the holes in the cheeks of the carriage. It didn't fit the trunk. Next, pull-back hoists. Running ends immediately after the block were laid in a Bay near the gun. This is in a combat position, in a campaign in a tight state, a tight Bay was made directly on the blocks.image (3).jpg

Again you have beautiful mistakes. The French had a thick rope of trousers that passed through the holes in the cheeks of the carriage. It didn't fit the trunk. Next, pull-back hoists. Running ends immediately after the block were laid in a Bay near the gun. This is in a combat position, in a campaign in a tight state, a tight Bay was made directly on the blocks.View attachment 175903
Sorry. Ya ne pa namayu pa (Not sure of spelling). Which picture would reflect how Le Soleil Royal’s cannons would be rigged? The upper picture or the lower?

MrDeep - thank you for the nice diagrams on cannon rigging. I looked but couldn't find any more info that what you had sent me earlier. None of them show the pull back tackle, I know that it should be there in some form though. Can you please show me some pictures of how you rigged the cannons on your Soleil Royal?IMG_18591.jpg

Paul, I'm sorry I confused you.These color photos I took from the forum in the topic about the review of the monograph Saint Philippe.If this type of binding exists on Museum models, then I only welcome your work.That time I wanted to show you the carriages themselves.Now I've reviewed it again and I like your block layout.

MrDeep I always appreciate your insights and suggestions.

Below is the latest installation of a rather hard to get to location that I wanted to fully rig (at least on the side you can see). The white residue is due to the gas from the CA glue I've been using I think. Another wash of Minwax Natural will get rid of it. I also see that one of the wood pedestals is a little drunk - lol. I'll try and fix that.

Thanks everyone for your kind comments.

IMG_0962.jpg

BrentonVV - In looking over my orders from Syren this is what I ordered:

lower main deck: 1 23/32 inch size carriages
top deck: 1 11/32 inch size carriages and barrels

Please note that I've had to sand down the carriages (1 23/32) to meet the size and shape requirements for the lower ain deck. I don't know what I will have to do to the top deck carriages.

I used Syren carriages primarily because I felt that the top deck carriages supplied with the kit are just wrong.

Back