Sovereign of the Seas, a reconstruction based on Sheldon O3 design

.​

Fine. At any rate, with this grandeur of the ship, pretty much any realistic convention for making the model will probably provide work for decades.
It is good that you are cautious about investigating the correct configuration of the frames as it was variable over time. This is almost a separate, quite extensive area of knowledge.

Of the several works on the subject, a very enlightening and valuable study by John Franklin, Navy Board Ship Models 1650–1750, can be offered here. It also has the added benefit of presenting the issue in the context of the models. A must for consultation. For me personally, this is the single best monograph on Navy Board models.

.​
Thx Waldemar,

Directly ordered a 2nd hand copy of it, this book was nearly for free, only € 10,- incl shipping.

.​

Your welcome. However, in that case I expect you to refund some of the money, as I once had to pay the full £20 for my copy, plus postage :). Kidding.

Another comparison. Here I tried to keep the scale by keeping the distance between the decks similar. The Sheldon's ship is in an orthographic projection, simulating a long observer's distance to the ship.

View attachment 457269
Sorry Maarten to hichjack your topic for the greetings
@DonatasBruzas
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

i am deeply interest in this ship , so much that i brough both mantua and deagostini models , i am currently working on 3d print for the ornements , i will be happy to have sugestions about them ,any piece of archives etc, so that i can finalise every little ornements and have them done for all lovers of this sexy lady

i leave near by spend lots of time there if you need pics of specific ship let me know , they have the sos model at the somerset house

Back