Soviet Nanuchka Class Missile Corvettes 1/700 [COMPLETED BUILD]

Dear shipmates,

To ease myself into shipbuilding again, after the Italeri 1/720 Lutzow, I have decided to start some work on something small. The Dragon 1/700 (Kit #7011) Soviet Nanuchka Class Missile Corvettes. At first glance the detail is typically Dragon, I would venture to say above average for such a scale and very small vessels. There are even two A-6E intruders included with decals and a piece of carrier deck!

Two models can be made representing Nanauchka I and Nanuchka III. Well I have ordered the paint and construction will hopefully start tomorrow.

Soviet Nanuchka Class 2022.jpg

I have started with the construction of the Nanuchka I. I am planning to put it, well both of them, on small base and need to learn to replicate water. Well a few first things during this project for me. Construction is simple and the kit parts are free from flash and do not need a lot of cleaning up - perhaps I can just not see it on this scale :rolleyes: ...

Nanuchca A.jpg

Nanuchca B.jpg

Did some more work on this miniature corvette. Building is finished and basic painting done. Awaiting is the (i) a gloss coat, (ii) the decals, (iii) semi-gloss coat to seal the decals and (iv) light weathering and then it will go on a little base. On some pictures the horizontal areas (i.e the deck) are painted a red-brown and on some pics a green. Would the red-brown fade and weathered to green, or are they seperate colours??

And waiting on the bench - the Tamiya (waterline) 1/700 HMS Hood and a E Class Destroyer.

A Nanuchka.jpg

B Nanuchka.jpg

I don't know about the red-brown but back in the 80's most warship decks were green, ostensibly to reduce the overhead visibility, it was also anti-skid paint too.

I don't know about the red-brown but back in the 80's most warship decks were green, ostensibly to reduce the overhead visibility, it was also anti-skid paint too.
"series of corvettes built for the Soviet Navy and export customers between 1969 and 1991." In this context I believe that your comment is spot on. Thank you for that.

Dear shipmates,

To ease myself into shipbuilding again, after the Italeri 1/720 Lutzow, I have decided to start some work on something small. The Dragon 1/700 (Kit #7011) Soviet Nanuchka Class Missile Corvettes. At first glance the detail is typically Dragon, I would venture to say above average for such a scale and very small vessels. There are even two A-6E intruders included with decals and a piece of carrier deck!

Two models can be made representing Nanauchka I and Nanuchka III. Well I have ordered the paint and construction will hopefully start tomorrow.
Hallo @Ettienne
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

The Dragon 1/700 Nanuchka I Corvette is done and on her base. In hindsight, an average model (and build). Because of their age I suppose the decals (i.e for the waterline) were brittle and broke apart when they were put in the water. I could only use some of the decals. The water was my very first attempt to replicate the sea. I have used Vallejo water effect for the foam of the waves and Mig water effect gel (deep ocean) for the "water". Now on to the next project ... there is a Tamiya 1/700 E-class Destroyer lurking in the stash....

ABC Nanuchka.jpg

AB Nanuchka.jpg

A Nanauchka.jpg

Back