Spindle - How do from England

Hi, I’m 57 and retired 3yrs ago. I’ve been building models since the age of 3 starting with plastic and moving onto wooden ships and then brass/white metal locomotive kits more recently. I have some ships in the pipeline and am considering posting a build log at some point. Loving the logs I’ve read so far and already learned a few tricks and things to look out for.

My first wooden ship was Mantuas 1/98 HMS Victory which I completed over about 17yrs. Next up was Mantuas 1/72 Cutty Sark which only took me 8yrs . There was the Italeri 1/35 S100 in between. For the future I am considering one of the following, Victory models 1/72 HMS Vanguard, Caldercraft 1/72 HMS Victory, Caldercraft 1/64 HMS Diana or maybe even the 1/64 Victory if it ever happens. I have been looking into a Fleetscale 1/72 Type 22 frigate but it might be a bit big for my house .

Looking forward to learn lots and hopefully being able to give some advice too. Paul

Hallo Paul alias @Spindle
a warm welcome here on board of our forum
Diana, Victory, Vanguard - great models - I would be very happy to see once one of these in abuilding log
Great to have you on board

Back