Spray painting

Uwe made some notes tis morning about spray painting, to which I answered back. I have never used it myself as building a wooden ship, I could not see any positive-taking price and quality into account.
It is as a complete another case when we are talking about plastic modelling. it is incredible what one can do here. I have some info in Spanish and drawing of the different systems there are. It all depends on the paint and the DRIVE force, which mixes the paint with gas, air etc. if there is really an interest here, I have ABOUT 6 MILES AWASY - my local store during many years on of Spains 5 best Areograf painter. he is a 100% model builder himself and once a year was making a 5-day open symposium, where all with a surten standard could expose their models. I can get help here if needed.

Escáner_20220613 (6).jpg

Escáner_20220613 (2).jpg

Escáner_20220613 (4).jpg

Escáner_20220613 (5).jpg

Escáner_20220613 (6).jpg

Escáner_20220613.jpg

Although I couldn't read the text, this look very much like the articles I have read in "Fine Scale Modeler" magazine produced in the US.

As you say, it's not as much the brand of equipment your using, its the type of paint and proper air pressure to get proper results.

One thing I do know, is don't ever rely on cans of compressed air to give a good paint job. Pressure is not steady or regulated and they are very costly in the long run.

You can buy a good small compressor just for air brushing at most any hobby shop or on line. Well worth the cost for good paint jobs.

Although I couldn't read the text, this look very much like the articles I have read in "Fine Scale Modeler" magazine produced in the US.

As you say, it's not as much the brand of equipment your using, its the type of paint and proper air pressure to get proper results.

One thing I do know, is don't ever rely on cans of compressed air to give a good paint job. Pressure is not steady or regulated and they are very costly in the long run.

You can buy a good small compressor just for air brushing at most any hobby shop or on line. Well worth the cost for good paint jobs.
those picks are back to the beginning of 1980. I agree with you in most, that is why I never used it for wooden ship.

Back