Stadt von Bremen- remade to Utrecht Statenjacht 1746 1/50

Yes,bit sad that I have the old version/may say it is a rebuild of an different yacht.It feels like I am building an non existing model,anyway I will finish this one and one day I will get the Pegasus as well.
I do not really know when they will release the kit,but it must be behind the corner.

Very nice, is it green coloured varnish you are using? Look beautiful a bit of colour creates nice contrast same like the statenjacht Utrecht.
Maarten

Here is the little deck cabin all scratch,the one in kit is different,I am using blue wood strips,found them online,not sure which type of wood it is,they may be soaked with blue paint.
I did apply 1 layer of satin lacquer,but I am not happy with the result,next time I should use wax.
There is no lacquer around the windows,I have to finish it20180107_173947.jpg

Last edited:
Its coming along nicely JZD, its a lot bigger than I thought, look forward to the rest of your build,

best regards John.

I added the rudder and the main channel with deadeye plus the chainplate are in place as well,the build is going slow,cause I a have only time during weekend.I need to add treenails on deck and water pump.20180217_144337.jpg20180217_144345.jpg20180217_144253.jpg20180217_144258.jpg20180217_144421.jpg20180219_071232.jpg

Attachments

• 20180217_144337.jpg
    20180217_144337.jpg
    171.3 KB · Views: 6
Reactions: ADC
I also put together the stern light,this one I bought separately,but there is a resin part included in the kit,which I do not like so I am planing to replace it with wood carving.I also added some Led light, I am hoping I can hide the tiny wires inside so it can stay clean.20180217_150619.jpg20180217_150741.jpg20180217_150744.jpg20180217_150753.jpg

Great work!
Not very clear from the picture but I've got some doubt about the arrangement of the pintles and gudgeons of the rudder. At least the top one seems to be assembled upside down, I am not sure about the others.
Janos

I may have missed it but could you post a link to the webpage where the carvings can be purchased and one to the webpage where the kit can be purchased?

Thanks,

Bob

Hallo Bob,
you can find on ebay this kit of the Utrecht Pegasus in scale 1:50 under articel number 253111366660 (I do not like links to ebay, sorry, but you can search with the number).
Or I would ask directly also our well known Max for it.......it is not on his web-page, but maybe he can arrange it.
http://www.woodmodelboatbuilder.com/

I wouldn't recommend that dealer. I bought that kit a couple of months ago and finally had to demand a refund. She kept making excuses for not shipping the kit after a month went bye. Th fact of the matter is she does not actually have the kit. She orders it after you buy it a d the success rate on the carvings is very poor.

Can't you give me the link to where I can buy the exact same kit you are Building and to the carvings set? I just want to order exactly the same kit you are Building and the upgraded carvings. I'm sure there are others who would like this information as well.

Bob

I wouldn't recommend that dealer. I bought that kit a couple of months ago and finally had to demand a refund. She kept making excuses for not shipping the kit after a month went bye. Th fact of the matter is she does not actually have the kit. She orders it after you buy it a d the success rate on the carvings is very poor.

Can't you give me the link to where I can buy the exact same kit you are Building and to the carvings set? I just want to order exactly the same kit you are Building and the upgraded carvings. I'm sure there are others who would like this information as well.

Bob
I guess you are talking about the eBay dealer, or? And not Max, from whom several of our members bought their models with best experience.....

Back