At times I need to take a calculated risk and venture of to a secondhand bookshop. This is what I did this morning. The wife is currently in Italy so I must take my chances ...
. Maybe in retrospect it was not calculated nor a risk ... 
At the shop, The Bookworm, I discovered in the maritime/naval section a book on one of my many intererests, submarines. Are they jus not facinating creations. The book (Well one of four actually) I left the shop with, is a book by Dan van der Vat, "Stealth at Sea".
I quote from the book, " In less than a century the submarine has matched or overtaken, outlasted or seen off the battleship, the aircraft carrier, the strategic bomber, even the land based missile in its silo. With the end of the Cold War navies are left with more that seven hundred submarines. As the world awaits (the book was published in 1994) a reassessment of the submarine's future role, Stealth at Sea reviews how the invention of the submersible man-of-war progressed from a gleam in the eyes of Fenian Irishmen, intent on damaging the British Navy to the most intricate technological system devised by man, capable of surviving in a supremely hostile environment. It is the only technology which makes a spaceship's look straightforward ... "
I will share my thoughts on the book when I am finished with it. This may take a while.


At the shop, The Bookworm, I discovered in the maritime/naval section a book on one of my many intererests, submarines. Are they jus not facinating creations. The book (Well one of four actually) I left the shop with, is a book by Dan van der Vat, "Stealth at Sea".
I quote from the book, " In less than a century the submarine has matched or overtaken, outlasted or seen off the battleship, the aircraft carrier, the strategic bomber, even the land based missile in its silo. With the end of the Cold War navies are left with more that seven hundred submarines. As the world awaits (the book was published in 1994) a reassessment of the submarine's future role, Stealth at Sea reviews how the invention of the submersible man-of-war progressed from a gleam in the eyes of Fenian Irishmen, intent on damaging the British Navy to the most intricate technological system devised by man, capable of surviving in a supremely hostile environment. It is the only technology which makes a spaceship's look straightforward ... "
I will share my thoughts on the book when I am finished with it. This may take a while.



