Stern galley windows - need some advice please.

Hi Maarten,
as a matter of fact, I have a photo etch set for the Amati H.M.S Vanguard which I purchased a long time ago for a scratch build and the stern galley window frames in brass photo etch are perfect for my Enterprise model.

This is the way I will go.

What would happen if you used a fine wire to administer small drops of super glue along the window frames (let it soak in) and let hardened. Then cut them out with a knife (always knife point into the corners)?
And

Hi Brian,

Why not remove each window and just sanding them down from the rear side. This will remove the wood from the inner window frames. I have done this with the fragile boxwood carvings of my Royal Caroline and this worked fine. For this I used my old band sander to have a constant movement of the sanding.
Hope it helps.

G'day Brian
I've been reading all of these ideas and I think a combination of Peter's and Maarten's methods would be the best solution.
I'll be trying these methods when I'll be at that stage on my Royal Caroline.
I must say, that we've got a fine bunch of friends here, all willing to give there ideas freely.
Bravo!
Good luck in what ever you decide to do. Could you please let is know how well it turned out.
Havagooday and Happymodeling to all
Greg

thanks guys.
My ship building has been put on hold as I am selling my house and retiring.

I will be checking in on the forum every day but I am currently packing up my house and sorting my future. Its a happy time for me.

Brian.

G'day Brian
All the best on the move mate. It was a very long slog when I moved last October.
I reckon 6 months
no-modeltime for you memattie.

Havagoodone if can
Greg

I cross the fingers, that you will have a nice workshop area in your new location.....
all the best for the move......

Back