Stoves

I'm making a ships stove. It's a fun little side trip. Lots of pictures on the net. One thing I'm wondering about. They have a chain drive rotisserie that gets it's power from the stove's flue. Does anyone know what's in the flue? A fan of some kind? My mind can't wrap it's self around there being enough flow in the flue to power it. Especially with the 1:1 gearing and clunky chain drive that it has. I'm pretty sure I could never get anything like that to work. :) A totally unimportant question but curious :)

I'm making a ships stove. It's a fun little side trip. Lots of pictures on the net. One thing I'm wondering about. They have a chain drive rotisserie that gets it's power from the stove's flue. Does anyone know what's in the flue? A fan of some kind? My mind can't wrap it's self around there being enough flow in the flue to power it. Especially with the 1:1 gearing and clunky chain drive that it has. I'm pretty sure I could never get anything like that to work. :) A totally unimportant question but curious :)
Take a look at this topic and go through the attachments - maybe you get an answer
By heart in moment I do not know, but maybe you can find there something

I actually found the answer last night while I was reading Goodwin's book. I got to the section about stoves. There was a propeller and gearbox in the flue that powered the rotisserie. I never would have thought that would work. Learned something new:)
I will read over the link you posted. So far my stove looks like this. Paint needs work.
DSC04399.JPG

Back