Table lift how to construct.

Hi, me was asked how I made the table lift I have made to help me to work on my model.

liftsysteem.jpg

The construction above shows how it works. The handle A can turn and makes the rod B and C move together or move apart. This makes the table go up or down.
I made a little construction to show how that looks.

IMG_2422.JPGIMG_2423.JPG

On YouTube there is a video that shows this mechanical part how it works.
This video is very educational.

The diffical part for me was to find out the proportions of the pivot points.

liftsysteema.jpg

For example the distance between the pivot point X and Z (on rod b) is 1000 mm. (100%) then is the distance between X and Y 400 mm. (40%) and between Y and Z 600 mm. (60%)
Rod a is 400 mm. (40%) With these measurements you can make your lift system.

I made mine from the wood of an IKEA teenage bed. This was the first mistake I made! The wood is to soft, and when I fastened the bolts on the pivot points the wood dented and came together. There should be a small space between the wooden beams so they don't move too stiffly. It works but you need more force to lift the table. It was better to use hardwood or oak.

IMG_2497.JPG

It is good before you start to make a small version of the scissar system like I did. to understand the principle and how you place the wooden beams.
On the pivot points I used needle bearings between the beams to make the movement smoother.

Screenshot 2022-07-17 at 14-04-48 0.93€ 7% OFF 5 Stks_partij Stuwkracht Naaldlager AXK0619 2AS...png

I also used these to screw the bolt in place

Screenshot 2022-07-17 at 14-08-33 1.65€ 15% OFF 20Pcs M4 M5 M6 M8 M10 Zinklegering Draad Voor ...png

and these to make sure to keep the hole in the wood circular

Screenshot 2022-07-17 at 14-08-51 0.44€ 10% OFF 10Pcs 3D Printer Onderdelen Aluminium Spacer V...png

I made mine from a piece of stainless steel rod with a inner diameter of 6 mm. So I can use M6 bolts

A good video to watch is this one, he show you a few great tips how to do it.

For the movement of the table I use a power drill.

That works good. Together with the barrel nut that came with the IKEA bed and a threaded rod.

Screenshot 2022-07-17 at 14-15-40 1.89€ 6% OFF 10 Pcs M4 M5 M6 M8 Barrel Bouten Cross Treknage...png

I tried an 775 DC motor, but that was to weak to use. I bought me on the flea market an old 12 Volt power drill and use that.

I dismantled the power drill and cleaned it. The mantle I made it to fit on the square beam. It looks like that, just the threaded rod in the drill and the other end in the beam with the barrel nut like in the video before.

IMG_2651.JPG

for the electronics I used the same like I used for the serving tool.

IMG_2652.JPGIMG_2653.JPG

This plus an adapter 12 Volt and 5 Amps are perfect to control the table.

In this video you can see the first attempt of the table without electrics and where you can fit a wheel or use a separate power drill to lift the table.

Here is the working of the table with a drill

I will try to make a new video of the new situation how it works with the drill in place
I attached a pdf of the scissor parts

IMG_2654.JPG

Attachments

• schaartafel.pdf
    9.3 KB · Views: 41
Depending on height change wanted, I have seen manual and electric "stand up desks" units that sit on your work desk and raise up to 18" or more.

Designed to raise keyboards and monitors up to ease strain on back from sitting all day.

The ones I have at work have same style mechanics underneath.

Depending on height change wanted, I have seen manual and electric "stand up desks" units that sit on your work desk and raise up to 18" or more.

Designed to raise keyboards and monitors up to ease strain on back from sitting all day.

The ones I have at work have same style mechanics underneath.
This one is more to lower to your sitting height when working on a big models mast, sails and rigging. So you can keep your arms straight and not above your shoulder. You can sit down during these hour taking rigging works. Especially when your back isn't so young as your mind.
Example:

Post in thread 'La Créole 1827 by archjofo - Scale 1/48 - French corvette' https://shipsofscale.com/sosforums/...o-scale-1-48-french-corvette.7643/post-199632

Last edited:
This one is more to lower to your sitting height when working on a big models mast, sails and rigging. So you can keep your arms straight and not above your shoulder. You can sit down during these hour taking rigging works. Especially when your back isn't so young as your mind.
Example:

Post in thread 'La Créole 1827 by archjofo - Scale 1/48 - French corvette' https://shipsofscale.com/sosforums/threads/la-créole-1827-by-archjofo-scale-1-48-french-corvette.7643/post-199632
I am definitely in the last group you listed, old back and younger minds.

Good luck with the bench idea, i just have different levels to set a ship on for rigging.

kurt

The 775 motor would work fine, it just needs a gearbox to increase torque and reduce speed of rotation.

Something similar on Aliexpress:
Screen Shot 2022-07-25 at 10.16.11 am.png

The 775 motor would work fine, it just needs a gearbox to increase torque and reduce speed of rotation.

Something similar on Aliexpress:
View attachment 320093
I tried that, no succes. A 775 motor and planetary gearbox of a handdrill works better. More power. There is a low and highspeed on that. The lowspeed have so much torque.
And the price is lower, just look around on the fleamarket. I payed for mine 5 euro

Back