• Ships of Scale has incorportated an extra level of security when you log In. Please follow on-screen prompts to acknowledge that you are not a robot via a "Check Box" or a "Pictorial Check Box Puzzle". This is needed due to higher level of AI Activity Security.
  • SUBSCRIBE TO SHIPS IN SCALE TODAY!

    The beloved Ships in Scale Magazine is back and charting a new course for 2026!
    Discover new skills, new techniques, and new inspirations in every issue.

    NOTE THAT OUR NEXT ISSUE WILL BE July/August 2026
  • Win a Free Custom Engraved Brass Coin!!!
    As a way to introduce our brass coins to the community, we will raffle off a free coin during the month of August. Follow link ABOVE for instructions for entering.

Teflon glue pallet

Joined
May 23, 2026
Messages
40
Points
48

Location
Chicago IL
This may be common knowledge but I just discovered this and it works very well.

I was putting a drop of CA on a plastic plate then picking the glue up with a glue loop.
The CA gets thick or hardened fairly quickly and I had to repeat the process often
plugging up the loop.

I tried a small piece of Teflon and what a difference.
The CA seemed to puddle up in one spot and the surface tension changed to make the pick up easier
plus the glue stayed thin for much longer.
I found I could work for 20 minutes or more with the same puddle. If some does harden after a while just flex the Teflon
and the CA pops off. No need to keep changing spots to put the glue.
 
Back
Top