Testors acrylic paint

I have done some research, on a plastic model, I use a brush, then spread it like paint, but I have done it when is only 2 days old, I dont soake it over night, yes then it turns to mush, this is for enamial, I dont know about water based paint!:oops:

Would you believe that undiluted Simple Green is excellent paint remover for plastics. you may need to soak the item over night depending on how long the paint has been on the model.
it is more aggressive than Windex and it will remove enamels.

I do belive what im getting on feed back about, frome just all of us use testers mm paint, either waterbased, or enamile! right? here is a long shot, ar thiere enough BLOGGERES on this site to gather funds to keep testers open, if "we all had the money to chip in, and but them out. the rest of the world would go nuts!!!!! Just a palk park toss out.

I was speaking a friend who owns one of the best hobby shops in my area he said that Testers is completely out of the model paint business. He also stated that most if not all of the wholesalers have no stock. Testers had Two plants in Southern California that I worked with on automation systems. I have the impression that the air quality District and California’s laws on Enamel paint made the cost of manufacturing very high.
If you have to have enamel paint that only leaves you with Humbrol.
My personal choice is Vallejo paints lots of colors including the RLM military colors.

JIM I was thinkind about all the people on this blog who would like to iether start a new testers paint co, here in the east, now if cal. did not through all the inventory,like bottles and equempment, we could get for a sond and dance ??????????????:)Banknote-USDCoffee-CupShip-1Ship-1AnchorThumbsup

JIM I was thinkind about all the people on this blog who would like to iether start a new testers paint co, here in the east, now if cal. did not through all the inventory,like bottles and equempment, we could get for a sond and dance ??????????????:)Banknote-USDCoffee-CupShip-1Ship-1AnchorThumbsup
Let’s be frank the hobby industry is not a growing market. When I was a kid most kids had built models and hobby shops were in every city. Today in the IPMS club that I belong to is the largest in southern cakifornia and we have no one under 40 in the club.
Rust-Oleum owns Testers, Pactra, Aztek, and Model Master Brands and if they can not make a profit I doubt if anyone can. I would suspect that to purchase just the name Testers would set you back a few million and that would not include the equipment.

It's time to adjust the sail's

Would you believe that undiluted Simple Green is excellent paint remover for plastics. you may need to soak the item over night depending on how long the paint has been on the model.
it is more aggressive than Windex and it will remove enamels.
Good tip, Jim.

This thread has gone off in a different direction, so I will make one final post to correct an error and get on with my model.

In a previous post, I said that Model Expo paint was formulated for wood, and that is what I had read on their website. However, I received an order from ME recently and the label on the paint bottle clearly states: "This paint designed for wood, metal and plastic."

It's been fun. Thanks to all who participated.

I've not yet tried the Windex, but it sounds promising. The brake fluid , I have used for years. The acetone?...I'm not so sure about, but if you try it, test the results on s scrap piece of plastic or sprue. Let me add that many parts will need to soak overnight or even longer, and I don't know if plastic would hold up to soaking in acetone.
Sorry, [no offence] just an opinion! I have to disagree about, the ACETONE, it will take paint, with soaking, but you have to brush it on severial times, then tooth brush it,or an emmery cloth, hower dont smoke when you are useing it, its allso a nice glue remover if you need to remove a goof on a part:)o_O

l have tried Tamiya years ago, then I tried Model Master because of the larger selection of colours.

well, in life.... nothing lasts forever...

Jray47
I can only tell you about my own experience with Tamiya.
I just love them.
They have a thinner that you could mix your paints with and is great for airbrushing.
I have used them on everything. My model figures, plastic and wooden ships.
One more thing about Tamiya is that they last a VERY LONG time.
My collection of Tamiya paint I keep them on my garage wall because I ran out space in my models working area and even with the Miami heat, they kept their viscosity.
8704701A-7A06-4E31-9BFE-2535A4BF3BE7.jpeg

I've not yet tried the Windex, but it sounds promising. The brake fluid , I have used for years. The acetone?...I'm not so sure about, but if you try it, test the results on s scrap piece of plastic or sprue. Let me add that many parts will need to soak overnight or even longer, and I don't know if plastic would hold up to soaking in acetone.
I tried acetone and it will ruin some plastics.

Back