• "Annual SOS Donation Drive Underway"
    Please consider making a Donation to SOS to support our growth and developement.
    https://www.paypal.me/DonateSOS
    Please check and read your email subject [Donations] from sosforums@shipsofscale.com for more details.

The Bridge on the River Kwai

epicdoom

enlarged that photo only tools I can make out being used is Machete and what looks like an adz for hewing logs I see a bunch of logs that have been squared off

Swabbie

enlarged that photo only tools I can make out being used is Machete and what looks like an adz for hewing logs I see a bunch of logs that have been squared off
Thank you Joe for looking into image. I know that some sleepers were machine cut, and railed in from somewhere. See below.

So, it seems that timber for bridge work were cut, by saw, but I don't know how or where. It's not important for this bridge model. It would have been good to have included a saw pit in the diorama.

vossy

Hope you don't spend too much time in the sweat box! This bridge must be finished!

Swabbie

Hope you don't spend too much time in the sweat box! This bridge must be finished!
Not to worry. I will be back to this build as soon as the Wardell Bridge is finished. I am planning to have it all working at the museum by January 2019.

Swabbie

@epicdoom
Have found some more information. There was one camp (three camps), halfway along the 415 km railway, specifically for cutting timber. However, I could not find any details about the methods used.