The Brig Syren Completed 4 -22-23

THANK YOU everyone for your compliments!!!!!!Your thoughts are very inspiring. I am working on the case for the Syren . I hope to have it completed in another week at most. Then off to the glass shop. I will post the completed model and case in its new home.

You started with the constitution? Wow, that's a big bite! I've only built the 1805 Swift and that's not finished, I put that aside last November-stuck on the masts...
I do own both the kits you've built, and I should start a model ship ways kits there would be easily accessed help.
Good job man!!

Jim, the Syren is a masterpiece. You should be very proud. Next up is a protective cover for display. Magic Mike
Thank You Mike, I really enjoyed building it and now Iam working on the Brig Rattlesnake.

You started with the constitution? Wow, that's a big bite! I've only built the 1805 Swift and that's not finished, I put that aside last November-stuck on the masts...
I do own both the kits you've built, and I should start a model ship ways kits there would be easily accessed help.
Good job man!!
Thanks for the reply. I have to be honest , I purchased a practicum for the Constitution from Bob Hunt. The directions that came with the kit were not any help. I look at it everyday and say to myself "how did I do it" I am very happy with the out come. There were many times I was stuck on a section and I did research and actually went and visited the ship twice.I got through it,you just have to keep at it and figure it out. Don't give up.

Can you share what the scale is? I'm working on a ship that's about 1:175. The rigging is a bear.
The scale is 1:64 The rigging on this Ship got to be very difficult as I got near the end. I put everything on the ship including The Stay Sail Rigging.Thank goodness for my long tweezers!!!!! Good Luck on your ship.

This is my second model. I built the USS Constitution first which took 22.5 months. It came out well. This ship is much smaller, and I did not realize that it would get more difficult as the rigging progressed. This model took 6 months to complete. I think it came okay ,I am going to build the Brig Rattlesnake next. I think my knowledge and model ship building skills are improving. Please comment I love feed back and your opinions. It is a wonderful hobby. Thank You.
Hallo @JimD
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back