The Dory

Here in SE Thailand, there is a vanishing culture. They are subsistence fishermen. The area is being developed to heavy industry. The locals are being lured away from their hard, dangerous, uncertain lives into secure good paying jobs as production units. A fate many have already experienced. While exploring the waterfront here I find that the dory is common still, though all are now powered, either by the longtail or an inboard and propeller shaft. These boats often have the “tombstone” both fore and aft. I will post better pictures soon. A2F5E89F-506D-4001-BFAF-642EEE7A919A.jpegE20B4594-BDDD-4A76-AD78-377DD897EC40.jpeg

Here in SE Thailand, there is a vanishing culture. They are subsistence fishermen. The area is being developed to heavy industry. The locals are being lured away from their hard, dangerous, uncertain lives into secure good paying jobs as production units. A fate many have already experienced. While exploring the waterfront here I find that the dory is common still, though all are now powered, either by the longtail or an inboard and propeller shaft. These boats often have the “tombstone” both fore and aft. I will post better pictures soon. View attachment 167105View attachment 167106
This is very interesting, I would love to read and see more pictures.
Do you intend to enjoy their model and thus also reflect the local culture?

Back