The Galleon: The Great Ships of the Armada Era by Peter Kirsch

The book The Galleon: The great Ships of the Armada Era by Peter Kirsch contains a complete planset to build the "Stockholmer Galeone". A lot of pictures and drawings (140) and the plans contain 10 construction drawings.

petKir.jpg

Video of the book review

In the end of the book there is a copy of "The treatise on shipbuilding 1620 W. Salisbury & R.C. Anderson

My German Version got 232 pages and 2 A0 inlays with plans on both sides of the paper.
There are a lot of samples of rigging and explanation.
These are the pictures of my book:

IMG_1688.JPGIMG_1689.JPGIMG_1690.JPGIMG_1691.JPGIMG_1692.JPGIMG_1693.JPGIMG_1694.JPGIMG_1695.JPGIMG_1696.JPGIMG_1697.JPGIMG_1698.JPG

This is a very informative book about these ships and a must have.

Last edited:
This is a great and classic book on the subject, a little outdated in some respect, but there is no way around this book if you want to deal with the subject.
I love the rigging plan, Kirsch used for his plans the info of Anderson's Treatise of.... This result in a very complete drawing of rigging these ships. I love the part of all the crowfeet that are used in the rigging. Most of them don't have a function. But are made by the sailor men just for decoration. To show their skills when entering a harbour.
I used this plan to rig my Spanish Galleon.

Last edited:
Back