The Glory of Catherine, 66-gun sailing ship, by Mr.Deep [COMPLETED BUILD]

Andrey,

Thank you for sharing this beautiful build of the слава Екатерины. It's been wonderful to review your progress nearly to the end as I catch up with many topics I missed during the last year or two! I hope you are doing well and that all is peaceful in your home and heart. My wife is from Moscow and her father was Andrey as well and came from Tula. It is wonderful that such a hobby as this can help to make the world smaller and remind us how we are all people of this world, sailing through the seas of time!

-Gregory

Andrey,

Thank you for sharing this beautiful build of the слава Екатерины. It's been wonderful to review your progress nearly to the end as I catch up with many topics I missed during the last year or two! I hope you are doing well and that all is peaceful in your home and heart. My wife is from Moscow and her father was Andrey as well and came from Tula. It is wonderful that such a hobby as this can help to make the world smaller and remind us how we are all people of this world, sailing through the seas of time!

-Gregory
Thank you for your kind words. We are all people of the world, planet Earth. But our politicians are not satisfied. Ambitions overwhelmed the powerful of this world. Pessimism overwhelmed me. And only our hobby gives you the opportunity to calm your nerves.

Sharpened the spare mast. I decided that the stock of the topmast, the topmast and the bulwark would be enough. He also carved the bars for the spire. I decided to install rope fences for hatches of similar ladders.

IMG_20221208_214612.jpg

IMG_20221208_214627.jpg

IMG_20221208_214638.jpg

IMG_20221208_214648.jpg

IMG_20221208_214735.jpg

That is complex rigging on the boom. Congratulations. Where did you get the blocks? Did they come with the kit? Did you buy them from someone else? Did you make them?
Again, you forgot that this building is homemade, not from a set.The blocks are purchased, but I modified them manually.Covered with stain under the color of oak.You're right about the rigging.It's getting harder and harder to carry it out.Now I am engaged in firing the tack-box.

Again, you forgot that this building is homemade, not from a set.The blocks are purchased, but I modified them manually.Covered with stain under the color of oak.You're right about the rigging.It's getting harder and harder to carry it out.Now I am engaged in firing the tack-box.
I did forget about it being a scratch-built ship. When I follow many builds, I can lose track of the details. This makes it even more impressive. There are many different blocks. My compliments on your work.

Back