The Matthew POF Build Group

IMG_4520.jpg
Just a heads up for anyone interested in building a POF model of the Matthew (1497). A build group is now being set up on the ModelShipBuilder website. If you are a member there simply go to the forums area and register. For those not members, contact me and I'll get you set up with an account. For more information on the build itself click here.

The build was developed here at SOS by Mike 41 and Dave Stevens.

Last edited:
This is a picture of the 500th anniversary Replica of the Matthew built in Bristol, England (where the original was built and sailed from). This one made the trip to Newfoundland for the celebration in 1997. It initially arrived in St. John's harbour then went on to Bonavista where it was met by Queen Elizabeth II as part of the celebration.

Matthew-Bristol.jpg

THANK YOU GUYS GREATLY, MIKE41, DAVE STEVENS, AND WINSTON AT MSB, COME ON GUYS THIS AGAIN IS A WONDERFUL DIFFERENT BUT AN IMPORTANT BUILD I KNOW OF NO OTHER POF FROM THIS ERA, IF YOU LOOK AT NTHE PRTOTYPE BUILD HERE YOUN WILL SEE WHAT A GREAT PROJECT IT IS. COME ON DOC YOU CAN PUT ONE MORE ON YOUR PLATE, ESPECIALLY OF THIS IMPORTANCE. GODE BLESS STAY SAFE ALL DON

I am very glad that this build is happening again. I will get involve. I still have the Matthew plans that I got from MSB years ago. It would be nice to dust them off a build a model of this very important ship.
Tim Murphy

I know that Mike41 and Dave Stevens put in a lot of work and effort on this. I hope to see more people interested in this.

I am very glad that this build is happening again. I will get involve. I still have the Matthew plans that I got from MSB years ago. It would be nice to dust them off an build a model of this very important ship.
Tim Murphy

Hey Tim, be sure not to use the plans that you downloaded if you plan to join the build group. Mike 41 has developed a new set of plans because this is a POF build versus a POB build (which the plans you downloaded were for). :)

Back