the moderators

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave Stevens (Lumberyard)

Sponsor: dlumberyard
Staff member
Sponsor

Over 3,000 come here to take part in this hobby some come to show their work and offer help to others, some come to disrupt and tear down the hobby for reasons that escape me. Members should enjoy a freedom of expression, freedom to build what they choose and to enjoy the brotherhood of a collective group of like minded people.

My personal back round was in commercial art and it was a tough business to be in, it could get to a cut throat back stabbing rush to the top. It also created the tension of creative differences which did have a good side. To be among the ranks of such talented individuals and share their ideas feel the passion of creating works of art. So yes, there is the good and bad but to breathe the rarefied air, to be in a family of craftsmen and artists elevates us all. At times this does reach a point of dysfunctional even to the point of warring factions.

Many do not resize what goes on in the back round of bring a forum such as this to the hobby, Sometimes we act as watch dogs at the gates to identify and stop spam and people who come with the sole purpose to disrupt. Piles of hate Emails, threats, and name calling are part of the job. A moderators job is not to pressure anyone to the rules and ideas of a small group nor is it our job to black list businesses or people who may have a different point of view.

It is tempting to strike out at those hiding in the shadows, those who hide behind lofty ideals bent to their agendas. As a staff of moderators we choose not to regardless of the hate groups out there. We come to realize the haters are doing nothing and SOS keeps getting bigger and better thanks to the membership.
Don't think the staff will be pushed there are limits and we will do what it takes to protect what is built here.

I have watched this group rise from obscurity to an international recognized group of artists, businesses and craftsmen. I stand proud of what is accomplished here.

Last edited:
there are real issues of pirating and at some point it has to be addresses. However, it is nothing to rush into and to mass condemn an entire industry or group is not the answer.
for sure it is not for open discussion unless your are in fact an international lawyer who specialized in copyright laws.

we as a moderator staff are not interested in self proclaimed lawyers who think they know everything. so please refrain from such chit chat.

and please don't make our job any harder by pointing fingers or name calling, even veiled references we know, everyone knows we are not dumb.

decisions have to be made that effect the entire membership when we are at a point we will ask for your point of view, your suggestions and so on.
we are trying to be open and transparent as to what is really going on behind the workings of this forum

I totally agree with your sentiments Dave.I have remained fairly silent on open forum regarding this matter despite being one of the many people being banned elsewhere but I have only one point to make;

Only a complete HALFWIT launches an online tirade amounting to Cyber bullying.The evidence is plain to see,and no matter what the cause,the perpetrator could be looking at a custodial sentence.

Kind Regards

Nigel

I AGREE COMPLETLY WITH ALL COMMENTS THERE IS A LINE TO BE DRAWN WITH DISAGREMENTS CONCERNING OUR HOBBY BUT WHN IT CROSSES THAT LINE I PERSONALLY GET VERY ANGRY, MY 4 THINGS THAT YOU DO NOT DO IS ATTACK MY RELIGON, MY FAMILY, MY COUNTRY, THAT IS A NO, NO, ONLY A SICK MIND WOULD DO THAT, SOS IS THE BEST AND I MEAN THE BEST, AND YES DAVE AND I WERE BOTH HERE WHEN IT WAS A STRUGLING 500 MEMBER FORUM, LOOK WHERE IT IS TODAY. MY THOUGHTS Don

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back