THE SPANISH GALLEON OF THE XVII CENTURY - LOS GALEONES ESPAÑOLES DEL SIGLO XVII - for free download

Uwek

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Forum Moderator

In the french forum of Gerard a link was shown to a very interesting download of two spanish books describing in detail the spanish Galleon of the 17th Century, which could be of help and interest of everybody building such a model or for research - Looks very interesting and complete, so maybe not only interesting for members like @ramonolivenza

1.JPG 2.JPG

Los galeones españoles del siglo XVII
by Cayetano Hormaechea, Isidro Rivera, Manuel Derqui
Dibujos: Manuel Derqui

Tomo I - Función, documentación, diseño y construcción
Tomo II - Aparejo, artillería y pertrechos. Apéndices

Associació d’Amics del Museu Marítim de Barcelona

translated something like:
THE SPANISH GALLEON OF THE XVII CENTURY
Book I - Function, documentation, design and construction
Book II - Rigging, artillery and supplies. Appendices

Several other publications by Cayetano Hormaechea

The books are in pdf in spanish language, but can be translated easily into english via free translation software

Thanks you for the link to the volumes on Spanish Galleons. I have been attempting to gather information on 16th and 17th century Spanish shipping and these will prove invaluable. My prior work has involved research and writing on the literary side of the Spanish Siglo de Oro and I am new to ship modeling having recently finished a beginner's model of a 18th century Longboat.

hi Geraldo, welcome to SOS, a truly international forum, with some of the best modelers of the world as members, and all will answer your questions big and small just post a log and then ask away. Don

Back