The Witching Hour---Arrival of the wood!!

As Monday winds down here in The Old North State, a new state of affairs is apparent.
The USPS has delivered. It's been sort of like waiting for the delivery of your first-born child. Knowing it's going to happen, but not knowing just exactly when.!!
So, my wood delivery from Dave's Lumberyard has made it's appearance. I haven't checked it over yet......

BUT ITS HERE.!!!!

The post office "informed delivery" first said the package would arrive by 4:00 pm today. Now it says it's running late and should be delivered by 8:00 pm. However, it's now 9:25 pm. HMMMM.

Maybe tomorrow.

EJ

The post office "informed delivery" first said the package would arrive by 4:00 pm today. Now it says it's running late and should be delivered by 8:00 pm. However, it's now 9:25 pm. HMMMM.

Maybe tomorrow.

EJ
I just signed up for "Informed delivery"..... My luck.!! Did I make another mistake.?
Oh well...no harm done I guess.! I can't see yours being delayed really..? Tomorrow for sure.!Thumbs-Up

I do like the Post Office "informed delivery".

Well, Santa came in July!

Lky9SFm.jpg

Today I got my cedar and cherry lumber bundles from Dave. They look very nice.

Cedar

Lb0rSd4.jpg

Cherry

fwnGGWt.jpg

Plenty of extra stripwood for breaking and color selection. THANKS DAVE!

Base boards and station material.

xboO9qP.jpg

Now, to decide which wood to start with.

EJ

My order of Pearwood from Sergey

July 27, 2020, 12:27 pm
Processed Through Facility
ISC CHICAGO IL (USPS)
Your item has been processed through our facility in ISC CHICAGO IL (USPS) at 12:27 pm on July 27, 2020.

EJ

My order of Pearwood from Sergey

July 27, 2020, 12:27 pm
Processed Through Facility
ISC CHICAGO IL (USPS)
Your item has been processed through our facility in ISC CHICAGO IL (USPS) at 12:27 pm on July 27, 2020.

EJ

That sounds promising, so back to the daily trip to the post office ...
G.

I found out that ISC CHICAGO IL (USPS) is a sorting facility for incoming packages from outside the US. It is kinda a postal sorting place and a Customs facility, although they are separate entities. It can take anywhere from 24 hours to 40 or more days to get through the place depending on whether Customs or USPS has the package. No tracking will show up after it arrives at ISC until it has left and arrives at the next facility where it will be scanned and entered into the system again. Geeesh.

EJ

Well, really, when you think about it..... It should be no surprise. It would seem to me that ANY packages coming into the country would be very closely inspected, scanned, shook, sniffed, heated, frozen, irradiated.......THEN opened and hand inspected before being re-packed for delivery. Don't want drugs, bombs, explosives, and "other" things making their way into terrorist hands. Considering where our packages are traveling from (Russia..)....... Well, almost as bad as Syria or Iran or Mogadishu....
Remembering what Uwek said about his delivery..... I guess the USA is not the only country worried about incoming parcels.

Back