Thinning out my collection of kits...

Hello all. I hope everyone is doing well during these challenging times. I am okay, just trying to stay safe and healthy. My reason for posting today is that I’ve decided to thin my collection of kits accumulated through the years, starting with my European kits. I’ve attached a list. A few of these kits are somewhat collectors’ Items. All these kits are “new in box”, just opened for inspection. Can anyone suggest a means of offering these items for sale (other than Ebay and Letgo)? If any member of SOS is interested, please contact me directly via email and make a reasonable offer. I’m not trying to make a killing on this sale. Again, stay well and I look forward to hearing from any of you. Thanks.
Tom P

Attachments

• List of Models for Sale Rev 1.pdf
    200.3 KB · Views: 502
George, Thanks for responding. I would prefer to sell the whole lot together, but what would you offer for just the Santa Maria?
Tom P

Last edited:
George, Thanks for responding. I would prefer to sell the whole lot together, but what would you offer for just the Santa Maria?
Tom P

How much would you like for THE ANATOMY OF THE BOUNTY ?

Thanks
Daniel

Eugene, thanks for responding. Please contact me via direct email (my address is on the list of kits I am offering). I'd rather keep price info off the SOS forum.

Tom P

Hello! To all those viewing or following this thread, thanks for your interest. I have received a couple of fair offers (Bounty, Constellation) and I continue to see interest in a couple of other kits I am offering. Although I would prefer to sell the whole group together, I realize that that is rather impractical. If anyone is interested in two or three kits, that would also be preferable, but single kit offers are welcome. Please contact me with any proposals or questions you may have via my email address (which I included in the list of kits being offered). I’d rather not have price info on the SOS Forum. I’ve not sold anything via a forum before, so it is a learning process for me - especially when it will come to determining shipping costs (which will need to be covered by the buyer). I hope to have proposals for each of the kits I am offering before I start contacting offerors, preparing packaging, and determining shipping costs to specific locations. Again, thanks for your interest, and your patience.

Tom P

Hi Tom, Where are you located? Are you in USA, Europe or where? Shipping costs would e very high if you are outside the USA which is where I am from.

Hello! To all those viewing or following this thread, thanks for your interest. I have received a couple of fair offers (Bounty, Constellation) and I continue to see interest in a couple of other kits I am offering. Although I would prefer to sell the whole group together, I realize that that is rather impractical. If anyone is interested in two or three kits, that would also be preferable, but single kit offers are welcome. Please contact me with any proposals or questions you may have via my email address (which I included in the list of kits being offered). I’d rather not have price info on the SOS Forum. I’ve not sold anything via a forum before, so it is a learning process for me - especially when it will come to determining shipping costs (which will need to be covered by the buyer). I hope to have proposals for each of the kits I am offering before I start contacting offerors, preparing packaging, and determining shipping costs to specific locations. Again, thanks for your interest, and your patience.

Tom P
Nothing wrong with posting a pricelist on the open forum ,this subforum is created just for that

Hello all. I hope everyone is doing well during these challenging times. I am okay, just trying to stay safe and healthy. My reason for posting today is that I’ve decided to thin my collection of kits accumulated through the years, starting with my European kits. I’ve attached a list. A few of these kits are somewhat collectors’ Items. All these kits are “new in box”, just opened for inspection. Can anyone suggest a means of offering these items for sale (other than Ebay and Letgo)? If any member of SOS is interested, please contact me directly via email and make a reasonable offer. I’m not trying to make a killing on this sale. Again, stay well and I look forward to hearing from any of you. Thanks.
Tom P
How much for the Essex? I have $300 but that's my limit.

Look what landed at my doorstep today!

IMG_0443.JPG

Not a dent in it!

IMG_0444.JPG

Packed so nicely you could have shipped a sleeping baby in it.

IMG_0445.JPG

I served on the fourth ESSEX, USS ESSEX CVS-9, therefor my interest. This is the third kit out of the five ESSEX's I want to build. This is very hard to find.

IMG_0446.JPG

IMG_0447.JPG

Thanks Tom.

Look what landed at my doorstep today!

View attachment 252534

Not a dent in it!

View attachment 252535

Packed so nicely you could have shipped a sleeping baby in it.

View attachment 252536

I served on the fourth ESSEX, USS ESSEX CVS-9, therefor my interest. This is the third kit out of the five ESSEX's I want to build. This is very hard to find.

View attachment 252537

View attachment 252538

Thanks Tom.
We can see, that Tom likes kits very much, therefore he is packing them very well and safe. Good to know for all others, thinking about buying from him.

Hello all. Hopefully you are all well and safe from the worsening pandemic (at least in my area in Eastern TN). I am okay, My reason for posting this evening is that I've updated the list of European kits I am offering for sale. I've added a column to the list with the price I'll accept, with the buyer covering postage costs.
I have taken an open box photo of each of the kits that I'll gladly send to anyone interested in one of the kits offered.
As has worked well so far, anyone responding to a offered kit (limited to CONUS locations due to customs delays and exorbitant postage) can contact me off forum and we can exchange mailing addresses.
My thanks to the members that have responded and purchased three of the kits so far.

Tom P

Attachments

• List of Models for Sale Rev 2.docx
    402.6 KB · Views: 56
My "Victory Bow and Section" is "out for delivery" sometime today. I feel like a kid on Xmas eve. Don't know what kits Tom has left, but it was a pleasure dealing with him. Unfortunately, he's not a business, so he has to operate on a "cash and carry" basis...no plastic money. But if he has what you want and can afford it, you should snap it up.

My Birthday and Xmas gift arrived on my doorstep today. As you will see from my pics (if I don't have a problem posting them) Tom is an excellent packer. I'll have to really show a lot of self-restraint to keep from starting right in on it!! I bought it to add to my Victory collection. My Cross section is a Japanese kit I purchased in Japan in the 90's at a LHS. Since it was sold locally the instruction booklet and the plans were entirely in Japanese. I like it better than the European kits because it has more frames and is finished on the port side and unfinished on the starboard side. The bow section kit has faults, as delineated by others' build logs, but it will look good with the cross section and the cannon kits, I have 3 others kits in various stages of completion. The AL Swift; MS Willie E. Bennett101_0257.JPG101_0258.JPG101_0264.JPG101_0265.JPG101_0266.JPG101_0259.JPG101_0260.JPG101_0261.JPG101_0263.JPG101_0262.JPG101_0267.JPG101_0268.JPG101_0269.JPG; and the USCGC Campbell by Ideal.

Coastie,

I'm glad the Victory Bow made it to you sooner than expected. Regarding your Victory Midship section, interesting that your version shows the frame riders in the hold. The Corel version I am working on does not include those elements. The exposed framing on one side is another nice touch. That's quite a nice Victory specific collection you've got there.

All,

I've updated and attached my list of available kits. I have open box photos of these kits if anyone is interested.

Attachments

• List of Models for Sale Rev 3.pdf
    266.6 KB · Views: 30
Back