Thoughts on Unicorn 1/48 Rattlesnake?

I’m wondering if anyone has any thoughts, good, bad or indifferent about the Unicorn Models 1/48 kit of the privateer Rattlesnake? Looking at photos on EBay listings, it looks like it builds into a pretty decent model. Yet, I find no build logs, reviews nor even a mention of it on this site. Am I missing something here?
Bill M.

I’m wondering if anyone has any thoughts, good, bad or indifferent about the Unicorn Models 1/48 kit of the privateer Rattlesnake? Looking at photos on EBay listings, it looks like it builds into a pretty decent model. Yet, I find no build logs, reviews nor even a mention of it on this site. Am I missing something here?
Bill M.
Unicorn kits are high qulity,you can check all the other Unicorn kits build logs like the Bonhomme Richards full and cross sections

IF I AM NOT MISTAKEN THE X SECTION OF THE LE FLURON IS A UNICORN KIT, WITCH I HAVE ande WILL DO a KIT REVIEW SHORTLY. Don
Hallo Don, I guess you mean the USS Bonhomme Richard section and not the Le Fleuron !!

And I can underline the words by Zoly. High quality kits - I am building in moment the Bonhomme Section

Bill M.
BTW: The scale is 1:50 of the Rattlesnake

I asked the same question some time ago , never got a real answer, meaning that nobody on our forum ever purchased one from China.
4hmodel website under the Unicorn banner has some really great write ups, unboxing and construction reports. It looks like a sleeper to me and I am planning to purchase the kit after the virus scare is over and traffic is flowing again .
The price / quality ratio seems to be also extremely positive compared to models from Europe. Unicorn is right up there with the best. Their Bonhomme Richard is prove .

I MEAN THE Le Fleuron X SECTION, purchased it from GLORIA of crown models(china) it came in the first week of JAN. got lucky before no shipments from china, just now opening it and will give a review today or tomorrow, looks to be a good but small scale kit nice materials enlish instuctions by PDF, plans OH, OH, could be OK cost was njot that expensive $120.00 FREE SHIPPING. Don

Hallo Don, I guess you mean the USS Bonhomme Richard section and not the Le Fleuron !!

And I can underline the words by Zoly. High quality kits - I am building in moment the Bonhomme Section

BTW: The scale is 1:50 of the Rattlesnake
You may be right about the scale. I have see it listed as 1/50 scale in half the listings and 1/48 scale in other listings. I don’t know which is right.
Bill M.

Well, I now have one of these Unicorn Rattlesnake kits in hand. My once over is quite favorable. Fittings look to be better than excellent. Cannons, for instance are superb. Looks to be principally American cherry, including the hull planking. Deck planking may be maple. Looking through the plans and well-illustrated (but all Chinese) instruction booklets, it looks like this will build into an impressive and large model of the Rattlesnake!
Oh and by the way, the box does say 1/50. Don’t know if that is right or not, but that is what it says.
Bill M.

Well, I now have one of these Unicorn Rattlesnake kits in hand. My once over is quite favorable. Fittings look to be better than excellent. Cannons, for instance are superb. Looks to be principally American cherry, including the hull planking. Deck planking may be maple. Looking through the plans and well-illustrated (but all Chinese) instruction booklets, it looks like this will build into an impressive and large model of the Rattlesnake!
Oh and by the way, the box does say 1/50. Don’t know if that is right or not, but that is what it says.
Bill M.
We would love to see a build log of your kit.

Bill M.
This sounds very good....... I can underline the words from Zoly - it would be great to see this model in a building log, maybe the first non-chinese building log.
And also it would be great if you can show some more details of the kit content in a small kit review, so we can see the quality you described very well already

I can probably do an in-box review. Bu it will probably be a while before I actually start construction— too many things on my plate at present. It really looks like a very nice kit and should build into a fine model.
Bill M.
This sounds very good....... I can underline the words from Zoly - it would be great to see this model in a building log, maybe the first non-chinese building log.
And also it would be great if you can show some more details of the kit content in a small kit review, so we can see the quality you described very well already

I can probably do an in-box review. Bu it will probably be a while before I actually start construction— too many things on my plate at present. It really looks like a very nice kit and should build into a fine model.
Bill M.
You can do the review here

Bill M.
Hallo Bill alias @Kb466
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Bill M.
Hallo @Kb466
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back