Tilting Mount for Proxxon MF70 Vise

CLB

I have seen a few logs that have a tilting mount adapted for the MF70 and its vise. From my search on the web most tilting vises sold commercially are too high (3 and 1/2 inches is the lowest I have found) to work well with the MF70's range. So I am assuming most of these mounts are home made.

I would want to purchase one and would be happy to pay for materials and labor for anyone who could build one of these of me. I am sure this item would be in demand by many other modelers on this site who own the MF70.

Please feel free to PM or post. I do have a design already drawn up with specs.

Thanks,

Chris

My Proxxon drill press has tilting feature. I actually do not own a mini mill MF70 but use this press for all milling operations. This is with some difficulties of course as it is hard to control an amount of vertical movement. But I manage this with an integral stop screw.

IMG-3898.jpg

This has given me an idea for something else to make for my MF70. I found some examples using two aluminium plates - metal ordered (£18) so will photo when done. Another idea is to make the column tilt side to side. It's only 4 bolts holding the column to the base, in fact I've put spacers under mine to raise it since fitting an ER11 conversion & Prox. precision vice for more clearance.

Have you considered Sine Plates or Angle Plates? Precision versions can be expensive but you could make or fashion one on your own. Tilt the workpiece instead of tilting the mill....Screenshot_20221025-090715_Chrome.jpg

Have you considered Sine Plates or Angle Plates? Precision versions can be expensive but you could make or fashion one on your own. Tilt the workpiece instead of tilting the mill....View attachment 336406
Hi Phil, that's exactly what I've got in mind, thanks, that's a neater job than the one I intend to 'copy'. I'll definetly be making my own having seen the prices of them!

Stuart

Last edited:
Back