Titanic Hull Profiles(bulkheads)

Does anyone have the vertical hull profiles for Titanic? I need them to make templates to correct the hull shape.
Take a look at this web-page - there is also a line drawing plan available

Could be interesting for you - you can find huge number of details of the different Olympic-class ships

I saw those. They are great but I'm looking for the vertical profiles.

yes, but you have them there, because you wrote
Does anyone have the vertical hull profiles for Titanic? I need them to make templates to correct the hull shape.

with this drawing

Unbenannt21.JPG

you have everything you need to check your hull profile

Unbenannt1.JPG

yes, but you have them there, because you wrote

with this drawing

View attachment 215675

you have everything you need to check your hull profile

View attachment 215674
These lines aren't the vertical profiles that align with the bulkheads. If you go on Youtube and look at the videos on Nigel's Modeling Bench, you'll see how he used the vertical profiles to correct a 1/200 Trumpeter Titanic hull. It makes it easier to do. These drawings above are good for a 3D model but not as easy to use to correct a kit's hull.

These lines aren't the vertical profiles that align with the bulkheads. If you go on Youtube and look at the videos on Nigel's Modeling Bench, you'll see how he used the vertical profiles to correct a 1/200 Trumpeter Titanic hull. It makes it easier to do. These drawings above are good for a 3D model but not as easy to use to correct a kit's hull.
Ok - this is off course a special way...
I found the videos

Maybe it is the easiest way to ask directly this modeler Nigel, which drawings he used for his adjustments

Ahoy!

@Michael - this is not such simple. There are many drawings of the Titanic's hull in the world. All drawings contain errors, because were not performed on the basis the shipyard documentation. The book "Titanic The Ship Magnificent" also includes body lines of the hull with an error.

Shipyard documentation is not available to everyone. This matter concerns almost all ships, vessels, tanks. cars, aircraft not only Titanic. High-ranking people decide about it. Not everything can be shared with other people. :-(.

I can say ....... that drawings in the book "Titanic The Ship Magnificent" are nearest truth.

Below the example of the comparison of different plans of Titanic in the same scale
3 PLANY NALOZONE NA SIEBIE.jpg

Ahoy!

@Michael - this is not such simple. There are many drawings of the Titanic's hull in the world. All drawings contain errors, because were not performed on the basis the shipyard documentation. The book "Titanic The Ship Magnificent" also includes body lines of the hull with an error.

Shipyard documentation is not available to everyone. This matter concerns almost all ships, vessels, tanks. cars, aircraft not only Titanic. High-ranking people decide about it. Not everything can be shared with other people. :-(.

I can say ....... that drawings in the book "Titanic The Ship Magnificent" are nearest truth.

Below the example of the comparison of different plans of Titanic in the same scale
View attachment 215749
I know not all the drawings out there are accurate. I'll most likely get Titanic The Ship Magnificent.

Not sure if this will help. Try this site : http://www.36ft-dream.com/
go to “OSP plans”. There is a hull plan there that may be of use to you.
I used the plans from here, the front view is rather lacking so I was only able to achieve the best accuracy on the stern. It got me this far. Above the waterline, the bow curves are actually all straight lines between decks, since the curves in Oskari's drawings don't match up with any given frame (datum) station and are therefore mostly useless. If anyone has any other ideas where to find better datum cross-sections of the bow, since http://www.titanic-cad-plans.com is shut down for sales (permanently, according to the website), I'd appreciate it.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-01-05 at 9.34.31 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-01-05 at 9.34.31 PM.png
    121.5 KB · Views: 35
Is this what you’re looking for?
I am not sure, I believe it’s from the Hahn plans. It’s hard to read but the lines are there. If you can enlarge it to the required scale, you may be able to extrapolate the required coordinates by comparing what you already have to confirm the unknowns.
In incidentally, I do have a copy of Bruce Beveridge’s deck plans in 1:400 scale, which includes frame numbers and bulkhead locations in an overhead plan. However I doubt it could help if you’re interested in hull profile bulkhead to bulkhead.
I hope this can be of some help.

Attachments

• 32278711-419F-4CE6-90E1-512BF89A8AB4.png
    32278711-419F-4CE6-90E1-512BF89A8AB4.png
    465 KB · Views: 155
I am not sure, I believe it’s from the Hahn plans. It’s hard to read but the lines are there. If you can enlarge it to the required scale, you may be able to extrapolate the required coordinates by comparing what you already have to confirm the unknowns.
In incidentally, I do have a copy of Bruce Beveridge’s deck plans in 1:400 scale, which includes frame numbers and bulkhead locations in an overhead plan. However I doubt it could help if you’re interested in hull profile bulkhead to bulkhead.
Another member had sent me this and I scaled it to 1/350 and had it printed. This is exactly what I needed and thanks for posting it.

The idea is right, the image is really too small though, and enlarging it will only make the pixels blockier. I’d like to access that image at full original resolution for it to be useful. Oskari’s drawings are scalable PDF’s that made it possible to get as accurate to as little as 1/10 to 1/4 of an inch.

Personally, I do not use the hall line plans as I never scratch build a ship if you could pass along your advice to athleteman711. It would be appreciated.

Back