Tool Junkie

I confess, I am a tool junkie. I cannot go to Harbor Freight without buying things I cannot possibly live without. I have a drawer full of wall anchors, nuts & bolts assortments, anything you can imagine. I could start a hardware store. From time to time, I come across something that I can use immediately. Such is the case with this spool of abrasive cord. I am sure that many of you have seen this product, but still, it is great for getting into tight places where sanding is needed. I got this product from Lee Tools.

Abrasive Cord.JPG

I’m the same. There are some amazing bargains to be had online as well. It’s amazing how many replica tools I’ve collected. I can’t count the number of tweezers I’ve amassed.

Well, my thinking is if it COULD be useful ... you need it ! How many times have thought afterwards that I should have bought it. Or worse, bought more of them when you had the chance, and now you can't find it or at that price...
Besides, the guy with the most tools in the end is highly respected and admired

Last edited:
Being able to say "I've had one of those for years", or, "I made one like that store bought tool" is kind a point of pride.

This thread made me chuckle out loud! Though I am retired now and no longer growing my collection of tools and hardware as I did when I was a bit younger, when I was working and there were three kids in school, and I had a hard time NOT bringing stuff home almost every day, my collection of "stuff" comprised Tom's General Store where my motto was "If we don't have it, you didn't really need it."
These days, I consider it an accomplishment when I go to our recycling center and come home empty-handed.

That's why I hold onto my stepfathers tools. I now have the fret saw I can use, there is copper wiring etc. Some one ever wants a cordless drill, I have 2 hand drills, lol. But no longer can you go to a hardware store and just buy 3 or4, you gotta buy a packet of 10 or 25. Then there are the new tools you might need. And of course here at Bunnings the obligatory sausage sizzle - you buy at least one to eat on the way home in the car.

Back