Tool to make round dowels

Seems you find your way in Aliexpress, or must I say lost.
Watch out there is so much you want to buy ROTF
Honestly, I am afraid to go there...every time I click on this website...I received an invoice :) I seem always found something there.

Hello Dima.
These things are also great for making round blanks.
View attachment 385905
I have to agree with you, Sanya. However many of us don't have such tools at our disposal. I have seen many self-made tools on youtube. I think at this price it is not a bad deal...

I believe that on Temu.com the same jig is half the price Aliexpress charges. And returns are free
Always pays to check the different vendors on the same site, some are cheaper than others, some charge freight some don't, some make up a cheap price with high freight.

Also check the different sites, I check ali, bangood, temu. There used to be 3 more that I knew of but they seem to have died.

I tried this tab - but did not change to English.. I will try again. Thank you!
It can be upstropless at times, I sometimes get changed to russian or arabic for no reason and it takes a couple of attempts to get it to change back to english.

OMG, I just went to the site, what a dark hole of seduction you have delivered upon us Jim!!! Wish it was in English, lol!
LOL, you have the option to view this site in many languages (including English), But good thing, Bill you didn't do it, otherwise your credit card bill would increase by a big margin :)

I have this tool (from Aliexpress) and I highly recommend it. I started with square timber but planed off a small section to rough round for the chuck. Powered by my Makita cordless drill, I ran it through 12mm first, then 10 and finally 8mm to make a very acceptable Mizzen mast for HMS Medea. I haven't sanded it yet (I'm avoiding dust until fully recovered from surgery ;) ).
I found the tool worked best at the highest speed on my two speed drill. Photos to come.

Goodness - how many models do you have under construction at the same time to need machine help for the yards....
Like Y.T., I do the same. Saves power, requires dexterity, and gives the soul a sense of accomplishment. This thing only brings something to Alibaba. Money.

I have this tool (from Aliexpress) and I highly recommend it. I started with square timber but planed off a small section to rough round for the chuck. Powered by my Makita cordless drill, I ran it through 12mm first, then 10 and finally 8mm to make a very acceptable Mizzen mast for HMS Medea. I haven't sanded it yet (I'm avoiding dust until fully recovered from surgery ;) ).
I found the tool worked best at the highest speed on my two speed drill. Photos to come.
A couple of images. Cost was less than AU$20 delivered so I consider it good value.
IMG20230713115211.jpg
IMG20230713115719.jpg
IMG20230713122832_BURST000_COVER.jpg

Back