Tools

My "SS Hartmann crocodile alligator forceps" have just been delivered.
A pleasing little device - though I have not found a use for it yet.
Birthing the hamster perhaps?

A "pen grip pin pusher"
It works OK but is very fine: some badly cast pins won't fit up the tube.
The Amati one has a fractionally larger bore but, on the one I bought, the two halves of the mouded plastic handle fell apart.
If you buy a pin pusher choose a version that has the bore specified. |Some are more suitable for 6" nails.
1599238581209.png 1599238833279.png

A "pen grip pin pusher"
It works OK but is very fine: some badly cast pins won't fit up the tube.
The Amati one has a fractionally larger bore but, on the one I bought, the two halves of the mouded plastic handle fell apart.
If you buy a pin pusher choose a version that has the bore specified. |Some are more suitable for 6" nails.
View attachment 177115 View attachment 177116
It seems to be a question of scale and the size of the pins/nails to be pushed. A pin pusher that I bought in the local hobby shop had a tube larger than the small head of the pins that I had and they would slip between the tube and pusher rod. I have ended up getting a pin pusher plier that grasps them firmly and allows me good viewing angle to where I am placing the pin as well as controlling the depth of set. PT-2

Like this one?

GypJ2cd.jpg

h4NhXFX.jpg

The pin is .020" diameter X 3/8" long. Can grip the pin anywhere along the shank so even long pins can be pushed without bending, then pushed flush with the closed, blunt of the pliers.

EJ

Last edited:
Like this one?

GypJ2cd.jpg

h4NhXFX.jpg

The pin is .020" diameter X 3/8" long. Can grip the pin anywhere along the shank so even long pins can be pushed without bending, then pushed flush with the closed, blunt of the pliers.

EJ
Yes, That is a good tool. From prior photos of a tube type of pin pusher I thought that it was the direction of the conversation. The plyers type is excellent. PT-2

Back